Valean Gherendi is an associate in the Restructuring group and is based in Weil’s London office.
His experience includes both domestic and cross-border restructuring matters, including out-of-court restructurings, formal restructuring and insolvency procedures. Valean has previous experience advising on a range of financial products and structures including debt finance and banking transactions, acquisition finance, real estate finance and structured finance.
Before joining Weil, Valean was an associate in the restructuring practice of another major international law firm.
- Advised a leading UK clothing retailer on the retailer’s CVA, which resulted in the restructuring of rents on over 600 stores as part of the retailer’s operational turnaround plan.*
- Advised a large international technology company on contingency planning in relation to the restructuring of its $350 million notes.*
- Advised AlixPartners as joint administrators of a UK mining company with operations in the US.*
- Advised Grant Thornton as liquidators of a UK ship management company and a UK shipping company and on the exit of the latter from Chapter 11 in the US.*
- Advised a large US fund as lender and QFC holder on security enforcement and subsequent appointment of administrators.*
- Advised a leading UK designer of specialist mobile phones on contingency planning and on the restructuring of the group’s debt.*
- Advised a European oil & gas listed company on the restructuring of its $300 million convertible bonds by way of consent solicitation.*
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders in connection with the restructuring of a major UK headquartered casual dining group.*
- Advised a large US fund in connection with its exit from a $200 million senior secured facility and release of security in several jurisdictions.*
- Advised a Nigerian leading integrated gas company on its $400 million notes restructuring which considered parallel English and BVI schemes of arrangement, Chapter 15 recognition and consent solicitations.*
- Advised real estate funds (as sponsors and as lenders) and agents on senior debt financing of UK commercial real estate assets.*
- Advised financial sponsors and alternative credit providers on acquisition finance matters.*
* Experience gained at a previous firm.