Sam de Blecourt is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Sam participates in the representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate matters.
Sam has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of Conair Corporation and Emerald Performance Materials, LLC in its $300 million sale of CVC Thermoset Specialties
- Brighton Park Capital, as lead investor, in a Series C funding round for Glassbox Ltd.
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- GHK Capital Partners in its acquisition of ITS Logistics, Inc.
- Mudrick Capital Management and its portfolio company Thryv Holdings, Inc. in Thryv’s $200 million acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.
- Oak Hill Capital and its portfolio company EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants (EPIC) in the merger of EPIC and JenCap Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group)
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) and TA Associates in the sale of a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC, to Thoma Bravo, with OTPP and TA retaining minority stakes
Sam received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and his B.A., with honors, from Indiana University.