Ryan Taylor is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. He has a diverse transactional and corporate counseling practice with an emphasis on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, restructurings, financings and dispositions. Ryan also advises clients on general corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Acuren, Chromaflo Technologies Corporation, Conair Corporation, CPM Holdings, Inc., Emerald Performance Materials, Inc., FleetPride, Inc. and Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.; its acquisition and subsequent IPO of Metaldyne Performance Group, Inc.; its acquisition and pending $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC; its sales of Arizona Chemical Holdings Corporation and Tekni-Plex, Inc.; Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in its $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG; and Emerald Performance Materials, Inc. in its $300 million sale of CVC Thermoset Specialties
- Amherst Holdings, LLC in the formation of The Amherst Group
- AMR, the parent company of American Airlines, in connection with its approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways Group
- B&G Crane Service LLC (a subsidiary of NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corp.) in its sale to Maxim Crane Works LP
- Berkshire Partners in the creation of a joint venture with New Balance Holding, Inc. and the acquisition by such joint venture of The Rockport Company from adidas AG, as well as the acquisition of Drydock Footwear from New Balance Holding, Inc.
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.) and co‑investment by Thomas H. Lee Partners LP, and the IPO of Black Knight Financial Services, Inc., in an up-C structure
- Fiera Infrastructure in its investment in Conterra Networks and, together with APG Group, in the acquisition of the equity interests not already owned by Fiera in Conterra Networks
- General Atlantic in its sale of MeteoGroup Limited
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- Irving Place Capital in its $415 million sale of Chromalox, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners, indirectly through InterLuxe Holdings LLC, in the acquisition of certain entities which comprise the Mackage business and its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of its equity interest in Aptitude Investment Management LP
- Lindsay Goldberg and Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC in the $1.625 billion sale of Bluegrass to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Major League Baseball Players Association in its joint venture with the National Football League Players Association and Redbird Capital that formed OneTeam Partners, LLC
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- NBC Universal and parent General Electric in connection with GE’s $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast's cable channels and regional sports networks
- A New York-based private investment fund in its acquisition by affiliates of Apollo Global Management
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, together with L Catterton and others, in the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- Pigments Spain, S.L. (a portfolio company of Lone Star Funds) in its up to $492 million acquisition of the Tile Coatings Business of Ferro Corporation
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
- Susquehanna Growth Equity and Real Capital Analytics, Inc. in Real Capital Analytics’ $950 million sale to MSCI Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc. and its subsidiary Terremark in the acquisition of CloudSwitch
Ryan received his J.D. from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law School, where he was recipient of the James B. Milner Medal, and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Yale University.