Ryan Strassman is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Ryan participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ryan has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International Corporation in its $6.4 billion acquisition of Maxar Technologies; its approximately $1.5 billion acquisition of Encora Digital Inc.; its acquisition of an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc.; RxBenefits, Inc. in its acquisition of Confidio, LLC; and Distribution International in its $1 billion sale to TopBuild Corp.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners and its portfolio company Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC in Bridges’ acquisition of Clarion Brands, LLC
- Government Brands Holdings, LLC (at the time, an indirect portfolio company of PSG and Greater Sum Ventures) in a recapitalization by PSG and TPG Tech Adjacencies, with Greater Sum Ventures exiting
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Nexa Equity and its portfolio company Leap LLC in its acquisition of JobProgress, LLC
- PSG in its acquisition of a majority interest in NoFraud LLC
Ryan received his J.D. from Boston University School of Law and his B.B.A. from University of Michigan.