Ryan McCarthy is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Ryan participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ryan has been part of the teams advising:
- AbacusNext (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its sale to Thomas H. Lee Partners
- Advent International Corporation in its sale of its indirect equity interest in Oleoducto Central S.A. (OCENSA) and Culligan International Company in its sale to BDT Capital Partners, with Advent reinvesting on a minority basis
- Providence Equity Partners, as lead investor, together with Ares Management, in a $400 million acquisition of convertible preferred shares of OUTFRONT Media, Inc.
- Speedcast International Limited and its subsidiaries in the negotiation and implementation of a $500 million equity investment by affiliates of Centerbridge Partners L.P. in connection with Speedcast’s ongoing chapter 11 proceedings
- Therapy Brands, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth) in its sale to Lightyear Capital and Oak HC/FT Partners
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, as lead investor, in a Series C financing for Phytech Ltd.
Ryan received his J.D. from Boston University School of Law and his B.A. from Yale University.