Ryan McCarthy is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Ryan participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ryan has been part of the teams advising:
- AbacusNext (a portfolio company of PSG) in its sale to Thomas H. Lee Partners
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of a substantial minority stake in Iodine Software, LLC, in a transaction that valued Iodine at more than $1 billion; the acquisition by its affiliate AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier (collectively, n/k/a Orveon); its sale of its indirect equity interest in Oleoducto Central S.A. (OCENSA); and Culligan International Company in its $6 billion sale to BDT Capital Partners, with Advent reinvesting on a minority basis
- Providence Equity Partners, as lead investor, together with Ares Management, in a $400 million acquisition of convertible preferred shares of OUTFRONT Media, Inc. and TCP Software in its acquisition of Aladtec, Inc.
- PSG in its acquisition of Loopback, L.L.C.
- Speedcast International Limited and its subsidiaries in the negotiation and implementation of a $500 million equity investment by affiliates of Centerbridge Partners L.P. in connection with Speedcast’s ongoing chapter 11 proceedings
- TCV, as lead investor, in a $125 million investment in Built Technologies, Inc.
- Therapy Brands, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of PSG) in its sale to Lightyear Capital and Oak HC/FT Partners
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, as lead investor, in an investment in Phytech Ltd.
Ryan received his J.D. from Boston University School of Law and his B.A. from Yale University.