Rami Sherman is an associate in Weil’s Technology and IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Sherman participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology. He has been part of the teams advising on standalone intellectual property transactions and the intellectual property and technology aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Sherman also has experience in other corporate transactions including private equity and financing. Mr. Sherman participates in the representation of clients in a variety of industries, including technology companies, particularly computer (hardware and software), consumer products, and pharmaceutical industries.
Mr. Sherman has been part of teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- Acquiring Consortium that includes MBK Partners, The Crawford Group and Ctrip Investment Holdings in the Consortium's $850 million take-private of eHi Car Services Limited
- American Securities in its acquisition of CPM Holdings, Inc.
- Aurora Resurgence Management Partners and Equity Group Investments in the sale of SIRVA, Inc.
- Avista Capital Partners and MPI Research, Inc. in the approximately $800 million sale of MPI Research to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Organogenesis Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.)
- EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants (a portfolio company of Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its acquisition of Integro Holdings Inc.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $6.1 billion acquisition of Snyder’s-Lance, Inc.
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale, by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders, of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co., with Ontario Teachers' retaining a sizeable ownership stake
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- OMERS in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Premise Health Holding Corp.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in, together with L Catterton and others, the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc., and its sale of VectorLearning (d/b/a Vector Solutions)
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in and sale of a majority stake in LogicMonitor Inc.
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc. and in its $4.8 billion acquisition of Ablynx NV
- SoftBank Vision Fund, together with Toyota Motor Corporation and DENSO Corporation, in a $1 billion investment in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc.
- TCV, as lead investor, in a $550 million preferred stock financing round for Peloton Interactive Inc.
- The Home Depot, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of The Company Store Group, LLC
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $4.6 billion sale of substantially all of its global business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
Mr. Sherman joined Weil as a summer associate in 2016. He received his J.D. from University of Michigan Law School where he served at the Michigan Innocence Clinic helping to exonerate wrongfully convicted prisoners, and his B.A. from Kalamazoo College. Mr. Sherman has provided pro bono legal services on behalf of clients, including NEXT for Autism.