Patrick Motta is an associate in Weil’s Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Patrick participates in advising issuers, underwriters and private equity sponsors in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions. He has been involved in investment grade and high-yield debt offerings as well as primary and secondary equity offerings.
Patrick has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International and Batak LLC, as selling shareholders, in a $201.3 million secondary offering of shares of Sovos Brands
- Blue Bird Corporation (a portfolio company of American Securities, LLC) in a $250 million senior secured term and revolving facility
- Blue Bird Corporation and an affiliate of American Securities, LLC, as selling stockholder, in a $52.5 million secondary offering of 2,500,000 shares of common stock and, in a $63 million secondary offering of 2,500,000 shares of common stock
- Core Scientific in its issuance of $260 million in secured convertible notes, $150 million in senior secured notes, two tranches of warrants, a security representing entitlements to contingent payment obligations, a $55 million equity rights offering and relisting on Nasdaq Global Select Market, all in connection with its emergence from Chapter 11
- J.P. Morgan, as lead placement agent, in its $300 million offering of 9.25% convertible senior payment-in-kind notes due 2028 of Oatly Group AB
- Willis North America Inc. (a subsidiary of Willis Towers Watson PLC) in its $750 million senior unsecured notes offering
Patrick received his J.D. from Cornell Law School and his B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.