Molly MacDougall is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Molly participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Molly has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisition of an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc. and its investments in Thras.io, Inc. (n/k/a Thrasio, Inc.); Distribution International in its $1 billion sale to TopBuild Corp.; and Culligan International Company in its $6 billion sale to BDT Capital Partners, with Advent reinvesting on a minority basis
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC and in Bridges' acquisition of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps
- Clearhaven Partners in its acquisition of Wowza Media Systems, LLC
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Government Brands Holdings, LLC (at the time, an indirect portfolio company of PSG and Greater Sum Ventures) in a recapitalization by PSG and TPG Tech Adjacencies, with Greater Sum Ventures exiting
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Orva in the sale of a 50% stake to Trilantic Capital Partners
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisitions of majority stakes in n2y, LLC and Tenstreet, LLC; TimeClock Plus, LLC in its acquisition of Humanity.com Inc. (n/k/a Humanity.com LLC); and Grupo TorreSur in its $315 million sale of São Paulo Cinco Locação de Torres Ltda.
- PSG in its acquisitions of SchoolStatus LLC and a majority stake in Dental Intelligence, Inc. and Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. in its acquisition of Cross Media, LLC.
- Speedcast International Limited and its subsidiaries in the negotiation and implementation of a $500 million equity investment by affiliates of Centerbridge Partners L.P. in connection with Speedcast’s ongoing chapter 11 proceedings
- TPG Tech Adjacencies, as lead investor, in a $300 million funding round for Age of Learning, Inc
Molly received her J.D. from Boston University School of Law and her A.B. from Bryn Mawr College.