Michael Messina is a partner in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Michael represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Michael has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisitions of Maxar Technologies; Definitive Healthcare, LLC and a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC; Serta Simmons Bedding LLC in its merger with Tuft & Needle; QW Holding Corp. (Quala) in its acquisition of PSC; and its sales of Laird Thermal Systems, its equity interest in Oleoducto Central S.A., Certinia Inc. (f/k/a FinancialForce.com, Inc.)
- Clearhaven Partners in its acquisition of Wowza Media Systems, LLC.
- CVC Growth Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Icario, Inc.
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- ICON Health & Fitness, Inc. in a $210 million funding round led by L Catterton and including existing investor Pamplona Capital Management; and iFIT Health & Fitness Inc. (f/k/a ICON Health & Fitness) (a portfolio company of L Catteron and Pamplona Capital) in its sale of preferred stock to Planet Fitness, Inc.
- MS Industrie AG in the sale by its subsidiary MS Powertrain Technologie GmbH of the production facility for valve train systems for the Daimler world engine at its Webberville, Michigan plant to Gnutti Carlo SpA.
- Novalpina Capital in its acquisition, together with management, of NSO Group Technologies Ltd.
- Orva in the sale of a 50% stake to Trilantic Capital Partners.
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners.
- PSG, as lead investor, in a $100 million funding round for Jobcase, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its sale of a majority stake in Juvare, LLC.
Michael received his J.D. from Boston University School of Law and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.