- Delta Topco Limited, the parent company of Formula One, in its $7.8 billion sale to Liberty Media Corporation
- DIRECTV in the $67.1 billion transaction with AT&T
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation in its $4.07 billion acquisition of approximately 63 million A Shares of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Starz, Inc. in Starz’s $4.4 billion sale to Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation
- Evercore, as exclusive financial advisor to the special committee of GCI Liberty, Inc., in the $8.7 billion sale of GCI Liberty to Liberty Broadband in an all-stock merger
- Evercore, as financial advisor to Rexnord Corp., in the pending $3.7 billion merger of Rexnord's Process and Motion Control (PMC) Business with Regal Beloit Corp.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. in its $3.3 billion sale to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- Interval Leisure Group in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Vistana Signature Experiences following completion of the spin-off of Vistana from Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- QuickChek Corporation in its $645 million sale to Murphy USA
- Hologic, Inc. in its pending $795 million acquisition of Mobidiag Oy and its $159 million acquisition of Diagenode, Inc.
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc. in its $166 million sale of Wyndham Vacation Rentals LLC to Vacasa LLC
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of its equity interest in Aptitude Investment Management LP
- Oaktree Capital Management in its acquisition of certain assets of CoreValue, LLC from the shareholders of CoreValue
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its acquisition of the U.S. laboratory services business of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC; its acquisition via a 363 asset sale of certain assets of True Health Diagnostics and its parent, THG Holdings; and its acquisition of Blueprint Genetics
- DIRECTV Sports Networks together with AT&T Teleholdings, in the purchase of Houston Regional Sports Network
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. in its sale to New Residential Investment Corp.
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Acuren Corp., Air Methods Corporation, Arizona Chemical, Aspen Dental Management Inc., Blue Bird Corporation, Chromaflo Technologies Corporation, Conair Corporation, CPM Holdings, Inc., CS Energy LLC, Emerald Performance Materials, FleetPride, Inc., Gentek, Henry Company LLC, MECS, Metaldyne and MW Industries; its $1.37 billion take-private of Foundation Building Materials; its $850 million acquisition of the Interior Products Business of Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.; its acquisition and sale of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.; its sales of Aspen Dental, General Chemical Corporation, GT Technologies, Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC and Tekni-Plex, Inc.; and Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in its pending $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its acquisitions of Zale Corporation and Ultra Stores
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Verizon Inc. in its acquisition of Terremark Worldwide
- Woodspring Hotels Holdings LLC (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg) in its $231 million sale of WoodSpring Hotels Franchise Services LLC to Choice Hotels International, Inc. and its sale of more than 100 company-owned hotel properties to funds affiliated with Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners II
- Mortgage Contracting Services LLC (MCS) in its sale to an investor group led by Littlejohn & Co., LLC and Lynstone SSF Holdings Sàrl, funds advised by Neuberger Berman Alternatives Advisers and Crescent Capital Group, via an out-of-court restructuring and recapitalization
- Investor A.B. in two acquisitions by its portfolio company, Permobil Inc.
- INC Research (n/k/a Syneos Health, Inc.), in its acquisition of Kendle International
- Macquarie Group in its acquisition of Delaware Management Holdings
- Guggenheim Partners in its acquisition of Security Benefit Asset Management
- DIRECTV in its merger with Liberty Entertainment and its stock-for-stock exchange with Dr. John Malone; several acquisitions in Latin America; in connection with the sale of PanAmSat Corporation to a consortium of private equity groups led by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.; in connection with DIRECTV’s split off from General Motors Corporation and the investment by News Corporation in DIRECTV; in connection with News Corporation’s subsequent sale of its interest in DIRECTV to Liberty Media; in connection with its acquisition of satellite assets from Pegasus Satellite Television; and in securing exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket package of football games
- Lehman Brothers in the sale of its investment banking and brokerage business to a major financial institution and the management led buyout of Neuberger Berman and Lehman’s investment management business
- CBS Corporation in its development of CBS Sports Radio, its separation from Viacom, its acquisition of CNET Networks and College Sports TV, its commercial relationship with Westwood One and its acquisition of the rights to broadcast the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament
- C.R. Bard in its acquisitions of Rochester Medical Corporation, Loma Vista Medical, Medafor, Inc., Clearstream Technologies, FlowCardia, Liberator Medical Holdings, Lutonix, Medivance, Neomend, SenoRx, Specialized Health Products and Y-Med Inc.; and its sale of Bard Electrophysiology Division
- Macquarie Group and Goldman Sachs in connection with their acquisition of Waste Industries (USA), Inc.
- CA Technologies in its acquisition of Arcot Systems
- Visteon Corporation in connection with a business restructuring and asset transfer to Ford Motor Company
- IMPATH Inc. in connection with a variety of acquisition matters and governance matters
- Pirelli S.p.A. in its sale of its optical components business to Corning Incorporated
- Citibank, Evercore and another major financial institutuion as financial advisors in various acquisitions and dispositions
Michael is recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for M&A in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and is consistently recognized by Chambers USA and Legal 500 US as a leading M&A lawyer. He is also recommended for Telecoms and Broadcast: Transactional and Media and Entertainment: Transactional by Legal 500 US. Michael was recognized for his client service excellence in BTI Consulting Group’s 2012 BTI Client Service All Stars. Additionally, in 2005, Michael was named one of The National Law Journal’s “40 Under 40,” a list that identifies leading young attorneys in various areas of law nationwide.
Michael is a member of the Committee on Financial Reporting of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York; a member of the Corporation Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association; an emeritus member of the Board of Trustees of The Cancer Institute of New Jersey Foundation; and a member and Secretary of the Board of Directors of READ Alliance.
Representative pro bono and not for profit matters in which Michael has been involved include:
- Providing corporate counseling to Hip Hop Education, a non-profit organization that helps youth create positive self-expression through music and arts, build self-esteem, develop leadership skills and increase youth involvement in their community;
- Providing pro bono services to Holocaust survivors at Bet Tzedek Legal Services/Holocaust Services;
- Providing advice with respect to advocacy activities and 501(c)3 status and New York State laws for Partnership for the Homeless, which seeks community change through solution-oriented programs and policy initiatives that eliminate the root causes of homelessness;
- Providing counsel to an Iraqi citizen who provided valuable assistance to the United States in navigating through the U.S. refugee resettlement process, in order to leave Iraq and resettle in the US; and
- Acting as General Counsel to the Tri-Town Little League and the Briarcliff Sports Counsel in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey.
Michael resides in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey with his wife Allison and their three children.