Mr. Stewart has deep experience in the Silicon Valley and in the technology sector. He has represented several leading private equity and structured capital investors, including TPG Capital, TPG Growth, Advent International, Khosla Ventures, Mithril Capital, and Trive Capital. Mr. Stewart has also represented Cisco Systems, Dell, General Electric, Rakuten, Twitter, UPS, and others on strategic M&A transactions and/or corporate venture investments.
- Multiple private equity, growth equity, structured capital investments and M&A transactions for clients such as TPG, Advent, Khosla Ventures, Mithril Capital, and Trive Capital.
- Trive Capital, its portfolio companies and/or limited partners on multiple investment transactions, including the acquisitions of, or debt or equity investments in, California Brazing, EarthLink, iRise Spine & Joint, GDC Technics, Picture Head, The Farm Post Production Limited (by Picture Head), Redmond & Greer, Triumph Processing (by Valence Surface Technologies), and Valor Healthcare, and the sale of CSL Acquisition (by Valence Surface Technologies), the sale of Southern Towing Company and the sale of Valence Surface Technologies.
- TPG Global and/or its portfolio companies on multiple investment transactions, including investments in AU10TIX, CeriBell, Expanse (fka Qadium), FreedomPay, MX, Rodan + Fields, Toast, Vaxcyte and ViaCyte.
- Mithril Capital on multiple investment transactions, including investments in AppDirect, Classy, Glance InMobi, Spaceflight and Stem.
- Advent International Corporation on multiple investment transactions.
- General Electric Company on multiple acquisitions, including the acquisitions of ServiceMax, Meridium, Nurego, Solano Labs and Wurldtech.
- Rakuten or its subsidiaries on multiple acquisitions, including the acquisitions of Cartera Commerce, Curbside, OneReceipt, Pushpins, ShopStyle and Shopular.
- Cisco Systems on multiple acquisitions, including the acquisitions of NDS Limited and Sourcefire.
- Select Interior Concepts on multiple acquisitions, including the acquisitions of Bedrock International, Cosmic Stone & Tile Distributors, Greencraft Interiors, InTown Design, Summit Stoneworks, T.A.C. Ceramic Tile Co. and Tuscany Collection.
- United Parcel Service on multiple corporate venture capital investments.
- Twitter in its acquisition of Vine.
- Aleph Capital and Crestview Partners in their investment in Framestore and in Framestore's acquisition of Company 3 / Method following Company 3 / Method’s carve-out from Deluxe Entertainment Services Group.
- PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) in its sale to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- Mandiant in its sale to FireEye.
- Aurrion in its sale to Juniper Networks.
- Adap.tv in its sale to AOL.
- SeaMicro in it sale to Advanced Micro Devices.
- J Jill in it sale to TowerBrook Capital Partners.
- Supercell in its sale of a controlling interest to SoftBank and GungHo Online Entertainment.
- MSouth Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of United Communications and United Communications in its sale of a controlling interest to Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation.
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals in its sale of a significant minority interest to KKR & Co.
- Evolution Media in connection with the acquisition of The Clio Awards.
- Accel-KKR in connection with structured capital investments in N-able and YourEncore and add-on acquisitions by its portfolio company, KANA.
- Pamlico Capital on multiple transactions, including the acquisitions of ClearLink, IBBS, Lightower Fiber Networks f/k/a National Grid Wireless, TMT Software Company (by TMW Systems) and IDSC Software Company (by TMW Systems).
- Nautic Partners in connection with the acquisition of Precision Engineered Products.
- Roark Capital Group in connection with its grown equity investment in Naf Naf Grill.
- Lightower Fiber Networks on multiple transactions, including the acquisitions of Hudson Valley DataNet, KeySpan Communications, Lexent Metro Connect and Veroxity Technology Partners and the sale of Light Tower Wireless to SBA Communications.
- Parsons Corporation in connection with the acquisition of 3D/International.
- RentPath in the acquisition of Lovely.
- Westward Dough in connection with the acquisition of multiple Krispy Kreme store locations from Glazed Investments.
- Move, Inc. in connection with its joint venture with Builder Homesite, Inc. in the launch of Builders Digital Experience.
- Water-Jel in its sale to Pilgrim Capital Partners.
Mr. Stewart is recognized as a “Notable Practitioner” for Private Equity and M&A in the U.S. by IFLR 1000. He was also named to The Daily Journal’s 40 Under 40 list of top young attorneys and as an Emerging Leader by M&A Advisor. Mr. Stewart has also been recognized as a Law360 “Rising Star” for Private Equity and as a Northern California “Rising Star” in M&A by Super Lawyers.
*Includes matters handled by Mr. Stewart prior to joining Weil.