Martin is a Corporate associate in London. He advises both private equity sponsors and corporates on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including buyouts, private M&A, takeovers, equity issues, management incentive programmes, reorganisations and general corporate advisory matters.
Representative experience as part of a team, including prior to joining Weil, includes:
- acting for Bain Capital on its £1.2bn takeover of esure Group plc;
- acting for Groupe Fnac S.A. on its £914m takeover of Darty plc;
- acting for TUI Travel plc on its £4.5bn takeover by TUI AG;
- acting for Westinghouse on its c. $4.6bn sale to Brookfield Business Partners and pre-completion restructuring;
- acting for KKR, Blackstone and Apax on a number of sponsor-led M&A transactions;
- acting for Aston Martin in a £200m private placement of preference shares;
- acting for KKR on a $466m block trade of shares in Pets at Home Group plc;
- acting for Blackstone and CVC on a series of block trades of shares in Merlin Entertainments plc, raising c. $2bn in aggregate; and
- general corporate advisory work for listed and non-listed corporates, and the portfolio companies of private equity sponsors.