Luis Gonzalez participates in the representation of clients in a variety of industries in matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property. He has negotiated on behalf of large corporate clients, conducted IP and commercial due diligence for global mergers and acquisitions and drafted various technology related agreements, including license, assignment, non-disclosure, confidentiality, joint development, technology transfer, asset transfer, master services and transition services agreements.
Luis has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisitions of Definitive Healthcare, LLC, an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc. and a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC; and Culligan International Company in its acquisition of OASIS Corporation
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its proposed $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
- MSP Recovery, LLC in its $32.6 billion business combination with Lionheart Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Lionheart Equities
- Gores Holdings VI, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $2.9 billion business combination with Matterport, Inc.
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. in its $2.5 billion sale to Performance Food Group
- Cardtronics plc in its $2.5 billion sale to NCR Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its acquisition of Blueprint Genetics Oy
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC (a portfolio company of Brookfield Business Partners) in its acquisition of the North American Civil Nuclear Systems and Services Business of Rolls-Royce PLC
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board (OTPP) in its participation in a Series L preferred funding round for Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) and the formation of Trivium Packaging, through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- TPG Growth in its preferred stock minority investment in Calm.com, Inc. and as lead investor in a Series C Preferred financing round for Expanse, Inc.
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its $500 million minority investment in Cambridge Mobile Telematics, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisitions of Boyd Corporation, Marcone Appliance Parts Center, Inc., Ohio Transmission Corporation and Truck-Lite Company, LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC); together with TA Associates, in the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital; and its sales of Infinite Electronics, Inc., ECM Industries, LLC, Pretium Packaging, LLC and the Global Marine and Mobile business of Power Products Holdings LLC
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Valor Healthcare Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisitions of a majority stake in Dental Intelligence, Inc. and a majority interest in NoFraud LLC
- Rakuten USA, Inc. in its acquisition of Curbside, Inc.
- Kainos Capital in its acquisitions of Bonewerks CulinArte‘ and good2grow; its sales of Trilliant Food and Nutrition, LLC; Culinarte Marketing Group, LLC in its acquisition of Savory Creations International, Inc.; and Kettle Cuisine, LLC in its acquisition of NORPAC Foods, Inc.
- Synopsys Inc. in its acquisitions of Codenomicon, Atrenta, Elliptic Technologies, WinterLogic Inc., Simpleware Limited, Codiscope, LLC and certain assets of Quotium
- eBay Inc. in its acquisition of Cargigi Inc. and its $925 million sale of eBay Enterprise
- Adobe Systems Incorporated in its acquisitions of Fotolia LLC, Mixamo, Inc., TubeMogul Inc. and certain assets comprising the Digital Analytix business of comScore, Inc.
- Yahoo Inc. in the technology and IP aspects of its $640 million acquisition of BrightRoll, Inc. and its $4.5 billion sale of its operating business
Luis graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Psychology and received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of San Francisco School of Law, where he earned a Business Law Certificate, with honors. While in law school, he served as the Executive Articles Editor for the Intellectual Property Law Journal, served on the board of the La Raza Law Students Association and tutored sections of Torts for the USF Academic Support Program.