Laura trained at Weil, gaining a wide range of experience in the firm’s Banking, Corporate and Restructuring teams to complement her real estate practice, including:
- Lehman Brothers in the English law insolvency issues arising from Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy proceedings;
- The special administrators of MF Global UK in a settlement agreement facilitating the closure of a c.$1 billion client money pool;
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its acquisition of Busy Bees Childcare;
- Montagu Private Equity in its acquisition of certain divisions of Rexam;
- Avista Capital Partners and Nordic Capital in their joint offer for Swiss pharmaceuticals company Acino; and
- Advent International in its £440 million bank/bond financing for Equiniti and Xafinity
Laura also represents charities including SCOPE, the Terrence Higgins Trust and Age UK in respect of their on-going real estate needs.Prior to joining the firm, Laura studied English Literature at Durham University and completed the GDL and LPC in London.