As part of a team Laura advises corporates, financial institutions and private equity funds on real estate transactions including sales and purchases (commercial and residential), corporate acquisitions and disposals (including the real estate elements of private equity and infrastructure transactions), leasing (landlord and tenant), property financing and development. Laura also assists with advising administrators and other insolvency practitioners on real estate issues in restructurings and insolvency related transactions.
Recent representative experience includes advising:
- Lone Star on the acquisition of retirement community owner McCarthy & Stone;
- Ellerman Investments on the sale of the Ritz Hotel;
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of 60% of Kantar from WPP Group, and subsequently Kantar on the carve-out and sale of its Health division to Cerner Corporation;
- Cobham (a portfolio company of Advent International) on the carve-out and sale of its Mission Systems and Aviation Services UK divisions; and
- AMP Capital and iCON Infrastructure on their investments in care sector businesses
Laura also represents charities including RNID, Glass Door Homeless Charity and Luminary Bakery in respect of their on-going real estate needs.
Laura trained at Weil, gaining experience in the firm’s Banking, Corporate and Restructuring teams to complement her real estate practice. Prior to joining the firm, Laura studied English Literature at Durham University and completed the GDL and LPC in London.