He has worked on a number of transactions, including advising:
- TPG Capital in the sale of former Deutsche Telekom subsidiary MEDIA BROADCAST Group to listed telecom company Freenet AG
- Centerbridge Partners in the acquisition of Germany-based wind turbine company Senvion SE from India’s Suzlon Group for €1 billion
- Bregal Unternehmerkapital in its acquisition of OEM supplier Binder Group
- Cinven, Blackstone and CPPIB on their multi-billion Euro bid for assets being disposed of by Holcim and Lafarge as part of their merger
- MEDIA BROADCAST Group in the sale of orbital and frequency rights to global satellite operator SES Astra
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $6.9 billion sale of its United States, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corporation, and in the sale of its European fleet businesses to Arval Service Lease S.A.
- Change Capital Partners on its sale of German women's wear manufacturer and retailer Hallhuber to publicly listed GERRY WEBER International AG, one of the best-known and successful German fashion and lifestyle companies
- TPG Capital, L.P. and DLJ Merchant Banking Funds in their €3.06 billion ($4.1 billion) sale of an 87.5% stake in Grohe Group S.à r.l., the parent company of Grohe Group, the Germany-based leading international premium brand for sanitary fittings, to LIXIL Group Corporation, a Japan-based, publicly traded global manufacturer of housing and building materials
- Charterhouse Capital Partners in its approximately €500 million ($659 million) acquisition (including the favorable US-sourced financing thereof) of Germany-based Armacell Group, a manufacturer of engineered foams and the world leader in the market for flexible technical insulation materials, from Bahrain-based Investcorp SA
- GM in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Ally Bank's European and Latin American auto finance operations and its share in a Chinese joint venture - GM's largest M&A transaction since bankruptcy
- Summit Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in 360 Treasury Systems AG, one of the leading electronic multi-bank, multi-product trading platforms for FX, money market and interest rate derivative instruments
- Bregal Capital in its acquisition of the entire equity in Novem Beteiligungs GmbH, a German OEM supplier, out of a trust structure, and refinancing of existing bank debt
Kamyar Abrar also regularly advises clients on EU and German antitrust/competition law, in particular, merger control and distribution and cooperation agreements.
Kamyar Abrar studied law at the University of Hamburg (law degree 2002, economic law degree 2003 and Dr. iur. 2007) and was admitted to practice in Germany in 2010. He is a lecturer at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management where teaches transactional-related law in the Master of M&A program.
Kamyar Abrar is fluent in German, English and Farsi.