Gabriel Gregson specializes in financing transactions for private equity funds and other corporate borrowers and lenders. He represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as public companies and other corporate borrowers and lenders in connection with first and second lien credit facilities, ABL facilities, mezzanine facilities, venture financings, recapitalizations, restructurings and complex intercreditor arrangements.
Mr. Gregson represents clients in sophisticated financing transactions across a variety of industries, including technology, telecommunications, real estate, industrials, healthcare, apparel and consumer products.
Mr. Gregson has been recognized for Banking & Finance by Chambers USA since 2012, with sources describing him as “draw[ing] particular praise for work on private equity funds and acquisition financing.” He was also recently named a “Rising Star” in Banking & Finance by IFLR1000 since 2016.
Notable Recent Experience:
- Alibaba Group Holding in connection with the financing for its acquisition of the Brand Protection Solutions business of the Eastman Kodak Company.
- Chewy Inc., an online pet retailer, in connection with financing matters related to its sale to PetSmart.
- CMC Capital Partners II, L.P., a public equity and venture capital firm specializing in growth capital, mid venture, late venture, emerging growth, corporate restructuring, management buyouts, and mergers & acquisitions, in connection with a subscription line credit facility from Silicon Valley Bank.
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc., a distributor to the convenience retail industry in North America, in:
- An amended and upsized revolving multicurrency facility.
- An amended and upsized revolving multicurrency facility to be used, in part, to finance its acquisition of the assets of Pine State Convenience.
- DCP Management in a secured subscription facility for DCP Capital Partners, L.P., its first China private equity fund.
- Edgewood Partners Insurance Center, Inc. (EPIC) (a portfolio company of Oak Hill Capital Partners) in first lien incremental term loan and second lien senior notes facilities to finance its acquisition of Frenkel & Company and Cosmetic Insurance Services.
- General Electric, in financing matters related to the sale of its water and process technologies business to CDPQ and Suez.
- Genstar Capital in:
- Financing matters related to its sale of Tecomet to Charlesbank Capital Partners.
- First and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Power Products LLC, a manufacturer and supplier of electrical products for construction and maintenance, recreational marine and specialty vehicles, industrial power, and transportation, from Sentinel Capital Partners.
- First and second lien senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of Infinite RF Holdings, Inc., a supplier of engineering grade radio frequency (RF) technology components.
- First and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Boyd Corporation, a provider of precision-engineered, specialty material-based energy management and environmental sealing solutions.
- Gores Holdings (a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group), in its acquisition of Hostess Brands LLC.
- Grand Design Recreational Vehicle Company (a portfolio company of Summit Partners), a manufacturer of towable recreation vehicles (RVs), in its sale to Winnebago Industries, Inc.
- Hellman & Friedman in connection with the issuance of convertible preferred stock by its portfolio company, Associated Materials Group, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of exterior residential building products in the United States and Canada.
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in financing matters related to its acquisition of the microwave telecoms business from Smiths Group plc.
- J.C. Flowers in a second lien incremental term facility to finance its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, a provider of debt collection and recovery services for consumer charged-off accounts, as well as bankruptcy services.
- Pasternack Enterprises, Inc. (a subsidiary of Infinite RF Holdings, Inc. and a portfolio company of Genstar Capital), a manufacturer of wireless telecommunication products, in first and second lien incremental facilities to finance its acquisition of L-com, Inc., a designer and manufacturer of wired and wireless connectivity products for electronics and data communications industries.
- Pretium Packaging, LLC (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital), a plastics packaging company, in:
- First and second lien term and revolving facilities to refinance existing indebtedness.
- An incremental term facility and unsecured mezzanine notes to finance its acquisition of Custom Blow Molding, Inc.
- Slickdeals, Inc. in an amendment and restatement of existing secured promissory note and related intercreditor matters.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners (THL) in connection with financing matters related to Rhône’s $560 million acquisition of Fogo de Chão, Inc., a leading Brazilian Steakhouse.
- Tweddle Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of The Gores Group), a producer of print, mobile, and interactive communications for vehicle owners and automotive sales and service personnel, in its senior secured term facility to, in part, refinance existing indebtedness.
- UBS, as joint lead arranger, in first and second lien term and revolving facilities for MWI Holdings (MW Industries) (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital Management), a manufacturer of custom engineered mechanical components, to refinance existing indebtedness.
- US Farathane Corporation (a portfolio company of The Gores Group), a designer and manufacturer of plastic injection-molded components primarily for the automotive industry, in:
- An incremental amendment to its senior secured term facility.
- An incremental term loan facility to finance its acquisition of Tepso Plastics Mex, SA de CV and its affiliates, a manufacturer of plastic injection molding for the automotive industry with a focus on interior and exterior trim products.
- Varex Imaging Corporation, in connection with financing matters related to its acquisition of the Medical Imaging business of PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc. (a portfolio company of Silver Lake Sumeru), a provider of cloud-based hosting services for enterprise resource planning software applications, in senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of Mercury Technology Group, Inc. and to refinance certain of its own and of Mercury Technology's existing indebtedness.
- XenoPort Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on commercializing HORIZANT in the United States, in financing matters related to its acquisition by Arbor Pharmaceuticals, a specialty pharmaceutical company which markets prescription products for the cardiovascular, hospital, neuroscience, and pediatric markets.