Frankie acts for clients in a wide range of complex commercial cross-border and general commercial disputes both before the English courts and in arbitrations. As part of a team, Frankie regularly advises financial institutions and major international corporations in relation to matters arising out of cross-border insolvencies and restructurings, shareholder issues and breaches of contract across a variety sectors including financial services, pharmaceuticals, fund management and IP/IT. Most recently, she has advised on issues arising out of the Lehman Brothers insolvency, including disputes which have come before the High Court and Supreme Court.
Frankie’s practice also includes advising a number of the firm’s corporate and individual pro bono clients. Her pro bono work has included assisting the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, analysing and reporting on corporate liability for human rights abuses. Frankie has also attended the Bar Pro Bono Unit and provides advice to litigants in person through the Citizens Advice Bureau at the Royal Courts of Justice.
Representative experience includes:
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy, including advising in connection with the Waterfall I Application (before the Supreme Court), and the Waterfall II and Waterfall III proceedings (before the High Court and Court of Appeal)
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc and various of its subsidiaries in connection with the unwinding of their structured finance, structured product and derivatives portfolio, including a number of disputes before the English and New York courts
- 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) on its $6.5 billion dispute with IPIC and Aabar
- A global pharmaceutical company, advising in an LCIA arbitration against another company in the healthcare industry with respect to breach of intellectual property rights.
- An international manufacturer, advising in respect of an ongoing dispute relating to breach of a software contract
- The Special Administrators of MF Global UK Limited in connection with a number of disputes arising out of the special administration of MF Global UK