Fabian graduated with a degree in Business Administration in Trade and Commerce (CCI 2013) and joined Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in 2016 as a research assistant. He studied law at the University of Regensburg and the University of Munich (law degree 2019). From 2019 to 2021, Fabian lectured at Akademie Handel on the law of obligations, commercial and corporate law as well as labor and employment law. Fabian holds a postgraduate master's degree in European and International Commercial Law (LL.M.Eur. 2021) and has published in German legal literature. He completed his legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court Munich (2021) and was admitted to practice in Germany in 2022.
Recent work experience includes:
- Representation of a leading Luxembourg real estate investment manager and its subsidiaries in several restructuring-related disputes in connection with a major (EUR 500m) bond restructuring.
- Representation of a leading German steel manufacturer in litigation against its former Chief Restructuring Officer in connection with claims (EUR 29m) for professional negligence.
- Representation of a German real estate focused bank in the defense against claims (EUR 6m) of a former managing director in connection with the termination of the managing director's service agreement.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a leading US private equity fund in connection with the structuring and the implementation of significant employee transfers as a part of a EUR 700m transaction.
- Representation of a leading US investment bank as a part of a banking pool against claw-back claims (EUR 4.5m) brought against the banking pool in insolvency proceedings.
- Gewerkschaftliche Tarifzuständigkeit und Kooperationsabkommen, ZJS 2017, 406 et seqq.
- Delisting – von Macrotron bis heute, ZJS 2021, 691 et seqq.
Fabian is fluent in German and English.