Emily Willey is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Emily participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and other corporate transactions.
Emily has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in the $3 billion merger of its portfolio companies Clearent LLC and Transaction Services Group Limited to form Xplor Technologies; its acquisitions of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC, a stake in Imperial Dade (a portfolio company of Bain Capital and Audax) and a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC; its acquisitions of Culligan International Company and Definitive Healthcare, LLC; its majority investment in First Watch Restaurants, Inc.; Sovos Brands in its acquisition of Rao’s Specialty Foods Inc.; its sale of its equity interest in Oleoducto Central S.A.; and Distribution International in its $1 billion sale to TopBuild Corp.
- The Apax Digital Fund, as lead investor, in an investment in Guesty, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd. and Parts Town LLC in its acquisition of the foodservice parts distribution and field service business assets of 3Wire Group Inc.
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisitions of Prime Package & Label Co., L.L.C., Label Impressions, Inc. and of the Croydon facility (f/k/a Gilbreth Packaging Solutions)
- Clearhaven Partners in its acquisition of Wowza Media Systems, LLC
- EQT Partners in its sale of Dorner Manufacturing Corporation
- Government Brands Holdings, LLC (an indirect portfolio and platform company of PSG and Greater Sum Ventures) in its acquisition of nCourt, LLC
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. (at the time a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Cannae Holdings) in its $325 million sale to Morneau Shepell, Inc.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in its acquisition of Aptify Corporation
- North Bridge Growth Equity (n/k/a Guidepost Growth Equity) in its significant minority investment in One Source Technology, LLC (d/b/a Asurint)
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners
- Providence Equity Partners in its minority investment in EZLinks Golf Holdings, LLC; together with Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, the sale of Ascend Learning, LLC; Vector Solutions, as parent of RedVector.com, LLC, in RedVector’s acquisition of Convergence Training; and its sale of Vector Solutions
- PSG in its acquisitions of AbacusNext, DoseSpot and a majority stake in Kenect, LLC; as lead investor in a minority investment in Impact Holdings, Inc.; its significant investment in Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc.; as lead investor in a funding round for Jobcase, Inc. and subsequent acquisition of a majority stake in Jobcase, Inc.; as lead investor in an investment in, and in a separate, secondary purchase of common shares of, Code Climate Inc.; its investments in DivvyCloud Corporation and Stylitics Inc.; Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. in its acquisitions of BackAgent, BoldLeads.com, Inc. and Propertybase GmbH; the sale of its majority stake in Property Brands, Inc.; the sale of a significant ownership stake in EverCommerce to Silver Lake; Propertybase in its sale to Lone Wolf Technologies (a portfolio company of Stone Point Capital); and Vehlo Holdings LP in its sale of a majority stake to a consortium led by Greater Sum Ventures, with PSG remaining a significant investor in Vehlo
- Providence Equity Partners and PSG, as part of a consortium led by CVC Capital Partners, in the business combination of GlobalTranz Enterprises, LLC with Worldwide Express, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Susquehanna Growth Equity and Accel Partners in their sale of XebiaLabs, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of All Systems Holding LLC; Ceridian HCM Holding, Inc. in its $531 million initial public offering and concurrent $100 million private placement of common shares at the IPO price; and, as selling shareholder of CompuCom Systems, Inc., in CompuCom's $1 billion sale to Office Depot, Inc.
- Town & Country Holdings, Inc. (d/b/a Town & Country Living) in its sale to H.I.G. Capital
- TruArc Partners (f/k/a Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of Trademark Cosmetics, Inc. and its portfolio company Brook & Whittle Limited (B&W) in the sale of B&W to Genstar Capital
Emily is recognized for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023.
Emily received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Boston University Law Review, Director of the ABA Negotiation and Client Competition, recipient of the Dr. John Ordonaux Prize, and both an Edward F. Hennessey Scholar and a Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar. She received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Brandeis University, where she was Editor-in-Chief of The Justice, Secretary and Captain of the Brandeis University Mock Trial Association, and a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Emily Willey Recognized for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law Award Brief — Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023 (Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners)
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised Advent International in its Acquisition of a Significant Stake in Imperial Dade Deal Brief — June 16, 2022
- Weil Advises Advent International and Distribution International Inc. in Distribution’s $1B Sale to TopBuild Corp. Deal Brief — September 08, 2021