Ellie Fialho is counsel in Weil’s London office and advises on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Ellie has, as part of a team, advised a number of leading private equity funds and major corporates on domestic and cross-border acquisitions of companies and businesses, as well as private equity portfolio companies on general corporate matters.
She was seconded to the private equity and M&A department of Weil’s New York office for six months in 2011-2012.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- General Atlantic portfolio company, Hyperion Insurance Group Limited on its acquisition of R K Harrison Group and subsequent investment in the combined group by CDPQ
- Ardian, alongside GHO Capital Partners, on the acquisition of Envision Pharma, a medical strategy and communications agency
- Advent International and Bain Capital on their acquisition of WorldPay, the global merchant services division of Royal Bank of Scotland, subsequent bolt-on acquisitions, and the $7.5 billion IPO of WorldPay, which was one of the largest UK IPOs in 2015 and the largest PE-backed IPO in the last few years
- Advent International on its acquisition of Ammeraal Beltech, a global conveyor belt company, from Gamma Holding
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board acquisition of Busy Bees Childcare, an operator of children’s day nurseries in the UK, from Knowledge Universe Education
- General Atlantic in its acquisition of MeteoGroup, a UK-based provider of weather forecasting services, from The Press Association
- HgCapital in its disposal of the ATC Group, a Dutch fiduciary management business, to Intertrust Group Holding, backed by the Blackstone Group
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of V.Group Limited, a ship management company, from Exponent Private Equity