Dominic has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects, of the following matters:
- Advent International in its approximately $1.5 billion acquisition of Encora Digital Inc.
- American Securities and its portfolio company LaserShip, Inc. in its acquisition of OnTrac Logistics, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its sale of a minority stake in Parts Town LLC, with Berkshire retaining a majority stake.
- Cedar Fair in its pending $8 billion merger of equals with Six Flags.
- Getty Images Inc. in its approximately $4.8 billion business combination with CC Neuberger Principal Holdings II, a SPAC formed by a partnership of CC Capital and Neuberger Berman.
- Goldman Sachs in the sale of its Personal Financial Management unit to wealth management firm Creative Planning
- NEOGEN Corporation in its pending $5.3 billion combination with the Food Safety business of 3M, in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that implied an enterprise value of the combined company of $9.3 billion.
Previously, Dominic was an associate in Weil’s Complex Commercial Litigation practice, where he focused on litigating commercial, intellectual property, investment and restructuring disputes in state and federal courts.
As a litigation associate, Dominic was part of the teams advising:
- CBL & Associates Properties, Inc., one of the largest mall owners in the United States, and its affiliated debtors in connection with their restructuring of more than $4 billion of obligations.
- Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., America’s oldest clothier, and its affiliated debtors in connection with their chapter 11 cases and $325 million going concern sale.
- A global asset management company, as agent for the secured lenders, in connection with the chapter 11 restructuring of a global food manufacturer, and related litigation.
- Sirius XM and Pandora in a royalty rate-setting proceeding before the Copyright Royalty Board (Web V).
Dominic received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was a Senior Editor of the Michigan Law Review and worked as a student attorney in the law school’s Human Trafficking Clinic. During law school, Dominic also served as a legal intern in the Legal & Policy Office of the International Commission of Jurists in Geneva, Switzerland. He received his B.A., with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Michigan.