Carlos has been part of the teams advising:
- Cornell Capital and its portfolio company kdc/one Development Corporation, Inc. (kdc/one) in an investment by KKR and kdc/one's acquisition of Aerofil Technology, Inc.
- EO Charging in its proposed $675 million business combination with First Reserve Sustainable Growth Corp., a SPAC sponsored by First Reserve Corporation
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Bilcar FT, LP and Trasimene Capital FT, LP., in its $7.3 billion combination with Alight Solutions LLC
- GI Partners in its acquisition of Vast Broadband
- Goldman Sachs in the pending sale of its Personal Financial Management unit to wealth management firm Creative Planning
- Gores Metropoulos II, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by Gores Metropoulos Sponsor II LLC (an affiliate of The Gores Group and Dean Metropoulos), in its $1.925 billion business combination with Sonder Holdings
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of a majority stake in iLendingDIRECT and, together with Pelican Ventures, in the acquisition of Ariel Re, Ltd.
- Leafly Holdings, Inc. in its business combination with Merida Merger Corp. I, a SPAC sponsored by Merida Capital Holdings
- PSG, together with Vista Equity Partners, in the sale of a minority stake in Inhabit IQ and Propertybase in its sale to Lone Wolf Technologies
- Trebia Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Trasimene Capital Management and Bridgeport Partners, in its $1.4 billion business combination with System1, LLC
Carlos received his LL.M. from New York University School of Law, his J.D., summa cum laude, from St. Thomas University School of Law, where he was valedictorian of his graduating class, and his B.B.A. in Accounting from Florida Atlantic University.