Alyssa has been part of the teams advising:
- 8 Rivers Capital, LLC in its $100 million sale of a minority stake to SK Group (SK) and the formation of a joint venture with SK focused on the decarbonization of Korean and key Asian markets.
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in its approximately $200 million sale of Wiley University Services to Academic Partnerships (a portfolio company of Vistria Group)
- The Kroger Company, along with The Albertsons Companies, Inc., in the approximately $1.9 billion sale of 413 stores, as well as select banners, distribution centers, offices and private label brands, to C&S Wholesale Grocers, LLC in connection with Kroger’s proposed merger with Albertsons Companies Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $450 million sale of the operations of Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica, Mississippi to CNE (a subsidiary of Cherokee Nation Businesses).
- TPG Pace Solutions Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $4.5 billion business combination with Vacasa LLC.
- Talen Energy Supply in its chapter 11 cases with approximately $5 billion in funded debt obligations and its $1.4 billion equity rights offering.
- Western Global Airlines, LLC, a contracted air cargo transportation and logistics services company with an aggregate principal amount of $515 million in funded debt, in its chapter 11 cases.
Previously, Alyssa was an associate in Weil’s Restructuring Department, where she was part of the teams advising:
- 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide Inc. and its debtor-affiliates in their chapter 11 cases involving approximately $1.4 billion of funded debt. 24 Hour Fitness is a leading fitness club operator with locations across the United States and more than 3 million members
- Exide Holdings, Inc. and its debtor-affiliates, a multinational lead-acid battery manufacturing company, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Fairway Group Holdings Corporation and its debtor-affiliates in their chapter 11 cases. Fairway is an iconic food retailer which operates locations across New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut and employs over 3,000 employees. Fairway commenced its chapter 11 cases to implement a stalking horse bid and strategic sale process designed to facilitate a global auction to secure buyers for all of Fairway’s stores. The chapter 11 cases were supported with a restructuring support agreement signed by approximately 91% of Fairway’s prepetition lenders, who also provided debtor-in-possession financing to the company.
- Insys Therapeutics, Inc. and its six subsidiaries, a specialty pharmaceutical company, in their chapter 11 cases in the face of hundreds of lawsuits related to the opioid crisis (Insys was the first opioid manufacturer to file for chapter 11).
- SunEdison, Inc., in connection with the representation of the SunEdison Litigation Trust, in the chapter 11 cases of leading solar power company SunEdison, Inc.
- Sable Permian Resources, LLC, in connection with the representation of an ad hoc group of secured noteholders, in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of independent oil and natural gas company Sable Permian Resources, LLC.
Private / Public Transactions:
- Purchasers of assets, both in and out of court.
Alyssa has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
Prior to joining Weil, Alyssa served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Melvin S. Hoffman of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Alyssa received her J.D., cum laude, from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, where she served as Chief Primary Editor of the Jurisprudence Review. She received her B.A. in International Relations and History from Tufts University.