Alastair McVeigh is a partner in the London Finance practice. Alastair has acted for financial institutions, direct lenders, corporates and sponsors on a wide range of financing transactions, including acting on cross-border leveraged finance, corporate lending, high-yield financings, real estate finance, share-backed financings, and restructurings.
Alastair has worked in London and Hong Kong, and has worked on secondment at Goldman Sachs in both their private credit group and leveraged finance team, and also at a leading UK investment bank in the structured finance team.
Alastair is also recognised as a “Next Generation Partner” for Acquisition Finance by Legal 500 UK 2023 and a “Notable Practitioner” for Banking by IFLR1000 UK 2022.
Representative experience includes acting for:
- JPMorgan, as global co-ordinator, in connection with Hellman & Friedman portfolio company Teamsystem’s financing consisting of SSNs, SUNs and SSRCF
- GSAM, as lender, in connection with Insight Partner’s acquisitions of I@D International and AMCS
- GSAM, as lender, in relation to Eurazeo’s refinancing of DORC
- GSAM, as lender, in relation to Charterhouse’s refinancing of Casa Optima
- GSAM, as lender, on a number of Holdco PIK financings and minority back-leverage financings
- GSAM, as initial purchaser of the senior secured notes and convertible preference shares issued by Soho House
- BlackRock, as lender, in connection with Marlin Equity Partner’s acquisitions of Linnworks and Puzzel AS
- Acting for the lenders in relation to the post-IPO financing for Apax’s portfolio company, Baltic Classifieds Group
- Credit Suisse, Danske, Jefferies, Nordea and leading UK and US investment banks as mandated lead arrangers, on the 1L/2L financing of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of Mehilainen
- Credit Suisse and other leading investment banks, as initial purchasers, in connection with the senior secured notes and senior notes financing of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of Domestic & General
- Morgan Stanley, Danske, DNB, and another major financial institution as mandated lead arrangers, in connection with the senior secured credit facilities to Sector Alarm
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, as mandated lead arrangers, on the 1L/2L financing of Bain Capital’s acquisition of DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals
- Nordic Aviation Capital’s $6.3bn debt restructuring
- Seadrill’s $5bn debt restructuring
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises on $6.3B Debt Restructuring of Nordic Aviation Capital Deal Brief — June 07, 2022
- Weil Elects 13 New Partners and Announces New Counsel Class Firm Announcement — November 24, 2020