Alastair McVeigh is a partner in the Banking & Finance group in the London office of Weil. Alastair has acted for financial institutions, direct lenders, corporates and sponsors on a wide range of financing transactions, including acting on cross-border leveraged finance, corporate lending, high-yield financings, real estate finance, share-backed financings, and restructurings.
Prior to joining Weil, Alastair worked at a magic circle law firm in London for 6 years (where he also trained) and was a member of the banking & finance team at another magic circle law firm in Hong Kong for 3 years. Alastair has worked for extended periods on secondment at Goldman Sachs in both their private credit group and leveraged finance team, and has also worked on secondment at a leading UK investment bank in the structured finance team.
Representative experience includes acting for:
- Goldman Sachs, as lender, on a Holdco PIK financing in connection with the refinancing of a European corporate
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, as mandated lead arrangers, on the 1L/2L financing of Bain Capital’s acquisition of DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals
- Credit Suisse, Danske, Jefferies, Nordea and leading UK and US investment banks as mandated lead arrangers, on the 1L/2L financing of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of Mehilainen
- Credit Suisse and other leading investment banks, as initial purchasers, in connection with the £635m (equivalent) senior secured notes and senior notes financing of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of Domestic & General
- Morgan Stanley, Danske, DNB, and another major financial institution as mandated lead arrangers, in connection with the €690mn senior secured credit facilities to Sector Alarm
- Advent International on the financing of its acquisition of Transaction Services Group
- Novalpina Capital on the financing of its acquisitions of NSO Group and Olympic Entertainment Group
- OMERS on the financing of its acquisition of Trescal International
- Follie Folli in relation to the restructuring of its debt financing arrangements