Mr. Gutowitz has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, with a particular emphasis on complex joint ventures and commercial and financial services M&A. He serves a variety of clients in various industries, including in particular GE and Mubadala, advising on M&A and joint ventures, acquisition financing and equity investments.
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $32 billion sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance, North American Vendor Finance and North American Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $6.9 billion sale of its United States, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corporation, and in the sale of its European fleet businesses to Arval Service Lease S.A.
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions
- General Electric Company in its sale of a stake in Hyundai Capital Services, a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and GE Capital, to Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its acquisition of the global commercial semiconductor technology business of International Business Machines Corporation, including intellectual property, technologists and technologies related to IBM Microelectronics
- A consortium led by Mubadala Investment Company in the pending sale of its approximately 60% equity interest in EMI Music Publishing to Sony Corporation of America, in a transaction valued at approximately $4.75 billion
- A consortium led by Mubadala Development Company PJSC, a public joint stock company wholly owned by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, in its joint venture with Sony Corporation to acquire EMI Music Publishing (the music publishing arm of EMI) for $2.2 billion and its management of the JV
- General Electric Company and GE Capital in their global business partnership (including an $8 billion global financial services joint venture headquartered in Abu Dhabi) with Mubadala Development
- General Electric Company’s aviation business unit in its sale of the assets of its Electromechanical Actuation Division to TransDigm Group Incorporated
- GE Aviation in its formation, together with Parker Aerospace (a division of publicly traded Parker Hannifin Corporation), of Advanced Atomization Technologies, LLC
- GE Aviation in its joint venture with Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), a Chinese state-owned aircraft manufacturer, to develop and market integrated avionics systems for commercial aircraft customers
- General Electric Company in the sale of its U.S. and U.K. Unison Engine Components units to subsidiaries of Precision Castparts Corp.
- Berkadia III, LLC, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, in its $1 billion+ acquisition of the mortgage loan origination and servicing businesses of commercial real estate finance company Capmark Financial Group Inc. (n/k/a Bluestem Group Inc.).
- GE Commercial Finance in its acquisition of the Healthcare Finance, Private Label Equipment Finance, Material Handling Finance, Franchise Finance, Construction Equipment Finance, Bankers Leasing and CitiCapital Canada businesses comprising CitiCapital, representing over $13 billion in assets
- GE Commercial Finance in its acquisition of the Corporate Finance, Equipment Finance, Franchise Finance, Energy, Healthcare Finance and Real Estate Finance units comprising Merrill Lynch Capital, representing $15 billion in assets
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its Korean joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group for the provision of consumer financial services (automobile, insurance, personal loans) in Korea
- GE Commercial Finance in its EUR 1.238 billion exchange of its stake in SES Global for an interest in SES International Holdings (SIH)
- General Electric Company in the $8.5 billion sale of its insurance business, GE Insurance Solutions, including Employees Reinsurance Corporation, to Swiss Reinsurance Company
Mr. Gutowitz is a member of the American Bar Association and its Section of Business Law.