Ting Liu is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ting participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ting has been part of the teams advising:
- Churchill Capital Corp IV, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $11.75 billion take-public merger with Lucid Motors
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Trasimene Capital Management, LLC and led by William P. Foley II, in a $9 billion business combination with Paysafe Limited
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of the SkinBetter skincare product brands
- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. in its $960 million acquisition of Antares Pharma, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $2.1 billion acquisition of the 50% stake it did not already own in CityCenter and its $3.9 billion sale and leaseback of the Aria Resort and Vdara Hotel real estate at CityCenter
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.625 billion acquisition of the operations of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.075 billion sale of the operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip to Hard Rock International
- NPC International Inc. in its $801 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to Flynn Restaurant Group and Wendy’s International LLC
- SoftBank Group Corp. (SBG) in its agreement to provide $6.5 billion in debt and equity financing to WeWork, to make a $3 billion tender offer to holders of WeWork shares, other than SBG and its affiliates, and in connection with revisions to the WeWork governance structure
- Southeastern Grocers, LLC in its $1.3 billion prepackaged chapter 11 case
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its $300 million pending acquisition of Haystack Oncology and in its acquisition of Blueprint Genetics Oy
- Redbox Entertainment Inc. in its sale to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc.
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation in its $550 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets and its equity interests in certain of its subsidiaries and certain joint ventures to an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners
- Chisholm Oil and Gas Operating LLC in the $480 million exchange of debt for equity, as part of a plan of reorganization under chapter 11
- First Lien Ad Hoc Group of senior secured lenders in its approximately $250 million exchange of debt for equity in Jason Group Inc. (f/k/a Jason Industries) as part of Jason's plan of reorganization under chapter 11
Ting received her J.D. from Duke University School of Law where she was a member of the Duke Law & Technology Review and her B.A. (Economics, Public Health) from Johns Hopkins University. While she was at Duke Law, she also received her M.A. in Bioethics and Science Policy.
Ting is a native Mandarin speaker and has worked in Shanghai, China.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. in its $960M Acquisition of Antares Pharma, Inc. Deal Brief — May 24, 2022
- Weil Advises MGM Resorts International in its Pending $1.075B Sale of the Operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino Deal Brief — December 13, 2021