Sidney Chiang is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Mr. Chiang participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Mr. Chiang has been part of the teams advising:
- Total S.A. in its pending $8.8 billion acquisition of all of the oil and natural gas assets, liabilities, businesses and operations of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in each of Algeria, Ghana, Mozambique and South Africa
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
- The KeyW Holding Corporation in its $815 million merger with Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its Series E minority investment in GetYourGuide AG (GYG)
- TCV in, together with JMI Equity, a $250 million investment in Themis Solutions Inc. (d/b/a Clio)
Mr. Chiang received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar and a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and his B.A. from Georgetown University.