Sidney Chiang is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Sidney participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Sidney has been part of the teams advising:
- Total S.A. in its $4 billion acquisition of all of the oil and natural gas assets, liabilities, businesses and operations of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in Mozambique and South Africa
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of a significant stake in Zaxby's Operating Company L.P.
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
- The KeyW Holding Corporation in its $815 million merger with Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- Insys Therapeutics, Inc. in its asset sale transactions with Benuvia Therapeutics Inc. (formerly known as Chilion Group Holdings US, Inc.), BTcP Pharma, LLC, Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., Pharmbio Korea, Inc. and Renaissance Lakewood, LLC and in connection with other strategic matters
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its Series E minority investment in GetYourGuide AG (GYG)
- Advent International in its $350 million sale of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- PSP Investments as a participant in a $300 million Series B funding round for Valo Health, LLC and a Series B funding round for Repertoire Immune Medicines, Inc.
- TCV in, together with JMI Equity, a $250 million investment in Clio
- Exide Holdings, Inc., a global manufacturer of lead-acid batteries, in its $179 million sale of substantially all of its Americas operations to Atlas Holdings LLC, in connection with its chapter 11 proceedings