Phillip Grudzina is an associate in Weil’s Technology and IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Grudzina participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology.
Mr. Grudzina has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- Advent International in its acquisition of Definitive Healthcare, LLC; in its acquisitions of Clearent Corp. and FieldEdge and the simultaneous merger of the two companies; in its sale of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf; in Serta Simmons Bedding LLC’s merger with Tuft & Needle; and in Noosa Yoghurt, LLC’s merger with Sovos Brands.
- American Securities in its sale of a majority stake in Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P. to Blackstone Energy Partners, with American Securities retaining a minority equity interest.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of FirstLight Fiber and in FirstLight Fiber’s acquisition of Maine Fiber Company.
- Berkshire Partners in, together with TPG Growth and other investors, a $275 million investment in Precision Medicine Group, Inc.
- Bollé Brands, Inc. (a portfolio company of A&M Capital Advisors Europe) in its take-private of SPY Inc.
- Cornell Capital Partners in its acquisition of Knowlton Development Corporation Inc.
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines.
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its transaction with Verra Mobility Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.4 billion.
- Gurnet Point Capital in its up to $504 million take-private of Corium International, Inc.
- H&R Block, Inc. in its $405 million acquisition of Wave Financial Inc.
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- Intermedix Corporation (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- Irving Place Capital and its portfolio company, Pet Supplies Plus/U.S.A. (PSP) in the sale of PSP to Sentinel Capital Partners.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its acquisition of NC Brands LP (f/k/a Natural Chemistry).
- The Kroger Company in its $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale to Univar Inc. and its $640 million sale of Nexeo Solutions Plastics to One Rock Capital Partners.
- Paycor, Inc., in its sale to Apax Partners.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of Chatmeter, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its pending acquisition of the U.S. laboratory services business of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC.
- SoftBank Vision Fund, together with Toyota Motor Corporation and DENSO Corporation, in a $1 billion investment in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc.
- Takata Corporation in its $1.6 billion sale in bankruptcy of substantially all of its assets to Key Safety Systems, Inc. (a subsidiary of Ningbo Joyson Electronic Corp.).
- TCV in its acquisition of a minority stake in Sojern Inc.
- TPG Global in the pending acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million.
- Trive Capital in its sale of Southern Towing Company, LLC.
Mr. Grudzina received his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law, and his L.L.B. and B.A. from Emory University.