Mr. Grudzina participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology.
Mr. Grudzina received his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law, and his L.L.B. and B.A. from Emory University.
Mr. Grudzina has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- American Securities in its sale of a majority stake in Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P. to Blackstone Energy Partners, with American Securities retaining a minority equity interest.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of FirstLight Fiber.
- Berkshire Partners in, together with TPG Growth and other investors, a $275 million investment in Precision Medicine Group, Inc.
- Cornell Capital Partners in its acquisition of Knowlton Development Corporation Inc.
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. in its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its transaction with Verra Mobility Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.4 billion.
- Gurnet Point Capital in its up to $504 million take-private of Corium International, Inc.
- Intermedix Corporation (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale to Univar Inc. and the pending $640 million sale of Nexeo Solutions Plastics to One Rock Capital Partners.
- Noosa Yoghurt, LLC in its merger with Sovos Brands (both portfolio companies of Advent International).
- Paycor, Inc., in its sale to Apax Partners.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its pending acquisition of the U.S. laboratory services business of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC.
- Serta Simmons Bedding LLC (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its merger with Fosbrooke, Inc. (d/b/a Tuft & Needle).
- Takata Corporation in its $1.6 billion sale in bankruptcy of substantially all of its assets to Key Safety Systems, Inc. (a subsidiary of Ningbo Joyson Electronic Corp.).
- TCV in its acquisition of a minority stake in Sojern Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group.