Noah is a member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for Tax in New York by Chambers USA, where clients note he is “a great tax lawyer who has an excellent background” and is “incredibly smart, very thoughtful” and “incredibly practical.” He is recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Transactional Tax in the U.S. by International Tax Review’s World Tax, recommended for U.S. Taxes: Non-Contentious by Legal 500 US and is consistently recognized for Tax by Super Lawyers. Noah is also recognized as a “Bankruptcy Tax Specialist” by Turnarounds & Workouts magazine. He was also listed in Private Funds Management’s “30 Under 40: The 30 Most Influential Private Equity Lawyers Under the Age of 40.” He is the co-author of “The Demise of CoCos and the Tax Consequences of Exchanging Convertible Debt” (Practising Law Institute, Corporate Tax Practice Series).
- Advent Global Technology, as lead investor, in a $160 million investment in Zenoti, resulting in a post-investment basis valuation for Zenoti of over $1 billion and investments in Cyware Labs, Inc. and Salt Security, Inc.; and a preferred stock investment in HYPR Corp.
- Advent International in the $3 billion merger of its portfolio companies Clearent LLC and Transaction Services Group Limited to form Xplor Technologies; its acquisitions of Definitive Healthcare, LLC, a 60% stake in Wagas Group, an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc., a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC and a stake in Imperial Dade (a portfolio company of Bain Capital and Audax); the acquisition by its affiliate AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier (collectively, n/k/a Orveon); its sale of its indirect equity interest in Oleoducto Central S.A.; its formation of an investment partnership/platform with James Peck; as lead investor in a $260 million investment in Thras.io, Inc. (n/k/a Thrasio, Inc.); Sovos Brands in its acquisition of Birch Benders, LLC; BioDuro, LLC in its acquisition of Sundia Meditech Company Ltd.; and QW Holding Corp. (Quala) in its acquisition of PSC
- Apax Partners, together with New Enterprise Associates as lead investors, in a $100 million investment in Moda Operandi, Inc.
- ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $2.5 billion business combination with Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Fortress Investment Group
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisitions of CrossFit, Inc. and VetStrategy and its sale of a minority stake in Parts Town LLC
- Blackstone in its acquisition of Certified Collectibles Group LLC; its acquisition and subsequent sale of Concert Golf Partners; and its investments in Hotwire Communications and Vectra AI, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company, CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc., in CraftWorks’ acquisition of Logan’s Roadhouse; and its sale of Pei Wei Asian Diner LLC
- Churchill Downs, Inc. in tax matters pertaining to its up to $500 million acquisition of a majority stake in Midwest Gaming Holdings, LLC
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of PureStar
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of Radwell International and Radwell International in its acquisition of Electrical Source Holdings (a portfolio company of Greenbriar Equity, Emerald Lake Capital and Golub Capital)
- EQT Infrastructure in its sale of Synagro Technologies, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisitions of Ohio Transmission Corporation and Truck-Lite Company LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC) and its sale of Pretium Packaging, LLC
- Giant Eagle, Inc. in its acquisition of Ricker Oil Company, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its transaction with Verra Mobility Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.4 billion
- Gores Holdings V, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $8.5 billion business combination with Ardagh Metal Packaging S.A.
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- Government Brands Holdings, LLC (at the time, an indirect portfolio company of PSG and Greater Sum Ventures) in a recapitalization by PSG and TPG Tech Adjacencies, with Greater Sum Ventures exiting
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its majority investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- Irving Place Capital in its sale of Caribbean Financial Group Holdings, L.P.
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of Thayers Natural Remedies and its acquisition of Skinbetter Science
- Mithril Capital Management, as anchor in a larger financing round, in its acquisition of a minority stake in Glance InMobi Pte. Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, together with Alphabet Inc., in an investment in Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners
- Portillo’s, Inc. (a publicly traded company backed by Berkshire Partners), in its $179 million synthetic secondary offering of 8 million shares of its Class A common stock and partial exercise of its over-allotment option for an additional $13 million in proceeds
- Providence Equity Partners as lead investor, together with Ares Management, in a $400 million acquisition of convertible preferred shares of OUTFRONT Media, Inc.; its acquisition of a majority stake in 365 Retail Markets, LLC; its investment in Sweetwater Sound, Inc.; and its growth equity investment in TAIT, LLC (f/k/a TAIT Towers Inc.)
- PSG in its acquisitions of Addigy, Chatmeter, Inc. and majority stakes in Dental Intelligence, Inc. and Singlewire Software, LLC; its investments in DivvyCloud Corporation, Semarchy SAS and Wagepoint Inc.; its investment, alongside Silversmith Capital Partners, in Validity, Inc.; the sale of its controlling interest in Tribute Technology Holdings, LLC; Kenect, LLC in its acquisition of Friendemic Inc.; ShootProof, LLC in its acquisition of Collage.com, Inc. and the formation with Collage.com of Foreground; and AbacusNext in its sale to Thomas H. Lee Partners
- PSP Investments as co-investor, in an Onex-led $1.8 billion investment in Convex Group Ltd.; and, together with ATL Partners, in the sale by Sky Aviation Leasing International L.P. (Sky Leasing) of Sky Aviation Leasing International Limited, with PSP and ATL continuing to own the U.S. Sky Leasing business
- RxBenefits, Inc. (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation and Great Hill Partners) in its acquisition of Confidio, LLC
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sales of ForeFlight, LLC and Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc.
- SocialChorus, Inc. (a portfolio company of Sumeru Equity Partners) in its merger with Dynamic Signal Inc.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its agreement to provide $6.5 billion in debt and equity financing to WeWork, to make a $3 billion tender offer to holders of WeWork shares, other than SBG and its affiliates, and in connection with revisions to the WeWork governance structure
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its $2.25 billion minority investment in GM Cruise Holdings LLC (Cruise), alongside a $1.1 billion investment in Cruise by GM; its $200 million follow-on minority investment in Cruise as part of a further $1.2 billion investment in Cruise by GM and other institutional investors; the $2.1 billion sale of its equity ownership stake in Cruise (a subsidiary of GM) to GM, with GM reinvesting in Cruise; together with Toyota Motor Corporation and DENSO Corporation, in a $1 billion investment in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc.; its $500 million minority investment in Cambridge Mobile Telematrics, Inc.; and its investments in GetYourGuide, Pollen, Inc. and Robotic Research, LLC
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its acquisition of a majority stake in MediSpend
- TCV, as a selling shareholder, in the $1 billion sale of TastyTrade Inc.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2.5 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company
- Tower Three Partners in its sale of NTS Communications, Inc.
- TPG in its acquisition of Keter Environmental Services Inc.
- TPG Capital in its minority investment in Rodan + Fields
- TPG Growth in its acquisition of a majority stake in Morrow Sodali; its preferred stock minority investment in Calm.com, Inc.; as lead investor, in a $300 million investment in MX Technologies, Inc.; and its $124 million investment in Prodigy Education
- The Rise Fund of TPG Growth in its participation in a preferred stock financing round for CeriBell, Inc.
- TPG Pace Beneficial Finance Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $350 million initial public offering
- TPG Pace Beneficial II Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $400 million initial public offering
- TPG Pace Solutions Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $285 million initial public offering
- TPG Pace Tech Opportunities Corp., a SPAC targeting the tech industry sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $450 million initial public offering
- TPG Tech Adjacencies in its acquisitions of a minority stake in ABC Technologies B.V. (n/k/a Au10tix Technologies B.V.) and preferred stock of Sauce Labs, Inc.; as participant in a $550 million investment in Kajabi Holdings, LLC; its $400 million investment in Toast, Inc.; as lead investor in a $300 million investment in Age of Learning, Inc.; its investment in FreedomPay, Inc.; and its participation as a minority investor in Trumid
- Trive Capital in its acquisitions of EarthLink, LLC and Triumph Processing, Inc.; and its acquisition and sale of Valence Surface Technologies, Inc.
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc. in its $166 million sale of Wyndham Vacation Rentals LLC to Vacasa LLC
Noah received his LL.M. and a J.D., cum laude, from the New York University School of Law, where he was a Robert McKay Scholar and a staff editor for the Annual Survey of American Law, and his B.A., cum laude, from Duke University, where he made the Dean’s List with Distinction.
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Noah Beck Named a “Leading” Lawyer for Tax in New York Award Brief — Chambers USA
- Noah Beck Recognized as a “Highly Regarded” Lawyer for Transactional Tax in the U.S. Award Brief — International Tax Review’s World Tax
- Noah Beck Recommended for U.S. Taxes: Non-Contentious Award Brief — Legal 500 US
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises Advent International on its Investment in China-based LBS Group Deal Brief — March 01, 2023
- Weil Advises Advent International on its Acquisition of a Majority Stake in Wagas Group Deal Brief — September 21, 2022
- Weil Earns High Honors in ITR World Tax 2023 Firm Announcement — September 08, 2022
- Weil Advised TPG Growth in its Acquisition of a Majority Stake in Morrow Sodali Deal Brief — April 26, 2022
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its Sale of Concert Golf Partners to Clearlake Capital Group Deal Brief — April 21, 2022