Nikolai Karetnyi is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Nikolai participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate and real estate transactions, including matters involving real estate investment trusts, Qualified Opportunity Funds, private equity fund formation, restructuring, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
Nikolai has been part of the teams advising:
- Amherst Holdings, LLC, as a selling shareholder, in the $600 million sale of Amherst Pierpont Securities LLC
- Blackstone in its acquisitions of DECA Dental Holdings LLC and Sustana Group and its pending $1 billion sale of Aqua Finance, Inc.
- Blackstone Energy Partners, as 70% stakeholder in Vine Energy Inc., in Vine's $2.2 billion sale to Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- GS Infrastructure Partners, as part of an investor group, in the group's sale of a controlling interest in Vertical Bridge REIT, LLC
- Inhabit IQ (a portfolio company of Goldman Sachs, Insight Partners, GSV and PSG) in its acquisition of ResMan, LLC
- JPMorgan Chase in its acquisition of The Infatuation, Inc.
- Lendlease Americas Inc. (a subsidiary of Lendlease Corporation Limited) in a $500 million life science joint venture with Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc. to acquire, develop and re-develop state-of-the-art labs, offices and manufacturing spaces in high-growth life science locations across the United States
- Payrix (a portfolio company of PSG and Blue Star Innovation Partners) in it sale to FIS (f/k/a Fidelity National Information Services)
Nikolai received his LL.M. from New York University School of Law , his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School and his B.A. from Georgetown University.