Nicholas has participated in the representation of:
- Applied Materials in its proposed $29 billion merger with Tokyo Electron Limited
- Facebook (n/k/a Meta) in its $16 billion acquisition of WhatsApp Inc.
- SAP Concur (f/k/a Concur Technologies Inc.) (a subsidiary of SAP) in its acquisitions of TRX, Inc. and substantially all of the assets of GDSX and in its investments in Evature Technologies, RideCharge, StayNTouch, Inc., Table8.com and Visage Mobile
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. in its acquisitions of substantially all of the assets of Farner-Bocken Company and Pine State Convenience and its $2.5 billion sale to Performance Food Group
- Gores Holdings VIII, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its pending approximately $1.6 billion business combination with Footprint International Holdco, Inc.
- Dell, Inc. in various matters, including its acquisition of CREDANT Technologies, Inc.
- ABD Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. in its $1.35 billion merger with Newfront Insurance, Inc.
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.
- Mithril Capital Management in its acquisition of a minority stake in Glance InMobi Pte. Ltd.
- Advent International in its investments in Thras.io, Inc. (n/k/a Thrasio Holdings, Inc.)
- Opera Software ASA in various matters, including its acquisitions of Skyfire Labs and Moolah Media
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation in its acquisition of ITC Global, Inc.
- Silver Lake Sumeru and its portfolio company Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc. in the acquisitions of Titan Technology Partners, Limited and Mercury Technology Group, Inc. and in its sale of Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc.
- SocialChorus, Inc. (a portfolio company of Sumeru Equity Partners) in its merger with Dynamic Signal Inc.
- SumUp Payments Limited in its $317 million acquisition of Fivestars, Inc.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its investment in iProov Limited
- Synopsys, Inc. in its acquisition of Atrenta Inc.
- TCV in its investments in Capsule Corporation, Miro, OneSource Virtual, Peloton Interactive, Inc., Reforge, Inc. and Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
- TPG in its investments in Reflektive, Inc. and Calm.com, Inc.
- United Online, Inc. in the sale of Classmates, Inc.
- Vonage Holdings Corp. in its acquisition of iCore Networks, Inc.
Nicholas has been recognized as a “Rising Star” for M&A in Northern California by Super Lawyers* since 2019.
Prior to joining Weil, Nicholas worked as a Legal and Compliance Intern at Blackstone in New York.
Nicholas received his J.D. from New York University School of Law and his B.S. in Business Administration (Finance and Accounting) from Georgetown University.
* Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service