Naomi Munz is counsel in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Munz represents public and private companies in connection with complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and divestitures. She also provides counsel regarding general corporate matters, corporate governance issues and integration matters.
Ms. Munz has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Total S.A. in its pending $8.8 billion acquisition of all of the oil and natural gas assets, liabilities, businesses and operations of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in each of Algeria, Ghana, Mozambique and South Africa
- Sears Holdings Corporation in the $5.2 billion sale of its core assets to ESL Investments Inc., in connection with its chapter 11 proceedings
- Takata Corporation in its $1.6 billion sale in bankruptcy of substantially all of its assets to Key Safety Systems, Inc.
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its $328 million acquisitions of R2Net, Inc. and Segoma Imaging Technologies, and its $625 million sale of convertible preferred shares to Leonard Green & Partners, the proceeds from which were to be used to fund a repurchase of up to $625 million in Signet common stock
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets
- L’Oréal USA in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI skincare product brands from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies), $1.2 billion acquisition of IT Cosmetics, LLC from its founders and TSG Consumer Partners, and acquisition of Carol's Daughter from Pegasus Capital Advisors, the founders and other investors
- AK Steel Corporation in its $700 million acquisition of integrated steelmaking assets in Dearborn, Michigan from Severstal North America
- Avista Capital Partners in its acquisition of IWCO Direct and subsequent representation of IWCO Direct in its acquisition of the assets of Transcontinental Direct U.S.A. and DGI Services
- Harsco Corporation in its approximately $525 million sale of its infrastructure division to a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, and its acquisition and subsequent sale of a minority interest in the joint venture combination with Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services
- Forge Group in its acquisition of Taggart Global
- DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc. in connection with its acquisition of European dialysis centers from Fresenius Medical Care
- American International Group, Inc. in its sale of AIG Rail Services, Inc. to an affiliate of Perella Weinberg Partners
- Safran in its acquisition of L-1
- Man Group plc in its acquisition of GLG Partners
- American Securities Capital in its acquisition of Gentek Inc. and its sale of General Chemical Corporation
- Lehman Brothers in the management led buyout of Lehmans’ investment management business (Neuberger Berman) and the subsequent refinancing of Neuberger Berman
- Genesis Lease Limited in its sale to AerCap Holdings
- NBC Universal in its acquisition (together with Bain Capital and Blackstone Group) of The Weather Channel/Weather.com
- NYMEX Holdings, Inc. in connection with the $9.4 billion acquisition by CME Group, Inc.
- American Securities Capital in its acquisition and later divestment of MECS, Inc.
- NBC Universal in its acquisition of Oxygen Media
- Trinity Industries in its acquisition of Quixote Corporation
Ms. Munz received her LL.B., with honors, and B.Com. from Monash University. She practiced at Mallesons Stephen Jaques in Australia for several years before joining the Firm in 2005.