Maryann has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects of the following matters:
- 8 Rivers Capital, LLC in its $100 million sale of a minority stake to SK Group (SK) and the formation of a joint venture with SK focused on the decarbonization of Korean and key Asian markets
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisitions of a substantial minority stake in Iodine Software, LLC, in a transaction that valued Iodine at more than $1 billion and an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc.; RxBenefits, Inc. in its acquisition of Confidio, LLC; QW Holding Corp. (Quala) in its acquisition of PSC; and Culligan International Company in its $6 billion sale to BDT Capital Partners, with Advent reinvesting on a minority basis
- Allego Holding B.V. (n/k/a Allego N.V.) (a portfolio company of Meridiam Infrastructure Partners) in its $3.14 billion business combination with Spartan Acquisition Corp. III, a SPAC sponsored by Spartan Acquisition Sponsor III LLC (an affiliate of Apollo Global Management)
- American Securities in its $825 million acquisition of the Life Sciences Business of NN, Inc. and its acquisition of LaserShip, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd.; its sale of a minority stake in Parts Town LLC, with Berkshire retaining a majority stake; and National Carwash Solutions Inc. in its acquisition of Zep Vehicle Care
- Blackstone in the acquisitions of Amergint Technologies, Inc. and Sustana Group
- CBAM in the sale of a portfolio of its assets to The Carlyle Group, in a transaction valued at approximately $800 million
- Churchill Capital Corp IV, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $11.75 billion merger with Lucid Motors
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of Radwell International
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines, in the formation of the Magnolia Network
- Eli Lilly and Company in its up to $1.25 billion research and collaboration agreement with MiNA Therapeutics, Ltd.
- EO Charging in its proposed $675 million business combination with First Reserve Sustainable Growth Corp., a SPAC sponsored by First Reserve Corporation
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its $2.5 billion take-private by a partnership formed by Pretium Partners and Ares Management
- Getty Images Inc. in its approximately $4.8 billion business combination with CC Neuberger Principal Holdings II, a SPAC formed by a partnership of CC Capital and Neuberger Berman
- GHK Capital Partners in its acquisition of ITS Logistics, Inc.
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.
- Gores Holdings VI, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $2.9 billion business combination with Matterport, Inc.
- Inhabit IQ (a portfolio company of Goldman Sachs, Insight Partners, GSV and PSG) in its acquisition of ResMan, LLC
- The Kroger Company in its sale of its Turkey Hill business
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of Thayers Natural Remedies
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $27.5 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM Resorts formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its leaseback of the Bellagio
- NEOGEN Corporation in its pending $5.3 billion combination with the Food Safety business of 3M, in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that implied an enterprise value of the combined company of $9.3 billion
- NPC International Inc. in its $801 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to Flynn Restaurant Group and Wendy’s International LLC
- Oak Hill Capital Partners and its portfolio company EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants in its acquisition of Integro Holdings Inc.
- Orva in the sale of a 50% stake to Trilantic Capital Partners
- Providence Equity Partners in its investment in Sweetwater Sound, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company Tempo Music Investments, LLC in its acquisition of the assets of Influence Media Music SPV, LLC; its acquisition of certain assets of Barometer Music Royalty Fund I Inc.; and its joint venture with Warner Music Group Corp., a music recorder and publisher, to form Influence Media Partners
- Sanofi in its $3.7 billion acquisition of Principia Biopharma Inc.; its $3.2 billion acquisition of Translate Bio, Inc.; and its $1.9 billion acquisition of Kadmon Holdings, Inc.
- Searchlight Capital Partners, together with co-investors, in the acquisition of Integrated Power Services, LLC
- Software Luxembourg Holding S.A. in its $1.3 billion merger with and into Churchill Capital Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by the Churchill Capital Group
- Storytel AB, a publicly traded portfolio company of EQT, in its $135 million acquisition of Audiobooks.com
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc. in its $166 million sale of Wyndham Vacation Rentals LLC
Maryann received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Duke University School of Law, where she was a member of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy and Duke Law & Technology Review. She received her B.S. and B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Tulane University, where she was a member of Tulane Honors Program and the William Wallace Peery Honor Society. Maryann was the recipient of the Ann Butler Hess Award, an award given to a senior with the greatest proficiency in philosophy. She was also a member of Tulane’s Newcomb Scholar Program, a four-year program for twenty women from the class of 2015 emphasizing campus and community leadership and independent research.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised NEOGEN Corporation in its $5.3B Combination with the Food Safety Business of 3M Deal Brief — September 01, 2022
- Weil Advised Getty Images in its $4.8B Business Combination with CC Neuberger Principal Holdings II Deal Brief — July 22, 2022