Ms. Thompson has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- American Securities in its $825 million acquisition of the Life Sciences Business of NN, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd.
- The Blackstone Group in the acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Amergint Technologies, Inc.
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its $2.5 billion take-private by a partnership formed by Pretium Partners and Ares Management
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its sale of its Turkey Hill business
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of Thayers Natural Remedies
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $21 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM Resorts formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its leaseback of the Bellagio
- Oak Hill Capital Partners and its portfolio company EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants in its acquisition of Integro Holdings Inc.
- Orva in the sale of a 50% stake to Trilantic Capital Partners
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company Tempo Music Investments, LLC in: its acquisition of the assets of Influence Media Music SPV, LLC; its acquisition of certain assets of Barometer Music Royalty Fund I Inc.; and its joint venture with Warner Music Group Corp., a music recorder and publisher, to form Influence Media Partners
- Sanofi in its $3.7 billion acquisition of Principia Biopharma Inc.
- Software Luxembourg Holding S.A. in its $1.3 billion merger with and into Churchill Capital Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by the Churchill Capital Group
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc. in its $166 million sale of Wyndham Vacation Rentals LLC
Ms. Thompson received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Duke University School of Law where she was a member of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy and Duke Law & Technology Review. She received her B.S. and B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Tulane University, where she was a member of Tulane Honors Program and the William Wallace Peery Honor Society. Ms. Thompson was the recipient of the Ann Butler Hess Award, an award given to a senior with the greatest proficiency in philosophy. She was also a member of Tulane’s Newcomb Scholar Program, a four-year program for twenty women from the class of 2015 emphasizing campus and community leadership and independent research.