Ms. Thompson has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd.
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its proposed $2.3 billion sale to Amherst Residential, LLC
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its sale of its Turkey Hill business
- MGM Resorts International (MGM) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its leaseback of the Bellagio
- Oak Hill Capital Partners and its portfolio company EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants in its acquisition of Integro Holdings Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company Tempo Music Investments, LLC in: its acquisition of the assets of Influence Media Music SPV, LLC; its acquisition of certain assets of Barometer Music Royalty Fund I Inc.; and its joint venture with Warner Music Group Corp., a music recorder and publisher, to form Influence Media Partners
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc. in its $166 million sale of Wyndham Vacation Rentals LLC
Ms. Thompson received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Duke University School of Law where she was a member of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy and Duke Law & Technology Review. She received her B.S. and B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Tulane University, where she was a member of Tulane Honors Program and the William Wallace Peery Honor Society. Ms. Thompson was the recipient of the Ann Butler Hess Award, an award given to a senior with the greatest proficiency in philosophy. She was also a member of Tulane’s Newcomb Scholar Program, a four-year program for twenty women from the class of 2015 emphasizing campus and community leadership and independent research.