Kate Swain is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. Kate participates in advising borrowers, private equity sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including first and second lien credit facilities, middle market and large cap financings, cross-border and domestic acquisition financings and debt restructuring transactions.
Kate has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of Meridian Adhesives Group
- Arrowhead Electrical Products (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in incremental first lien term facilities and preferred equity financing to finance its acquisition of Bihr
- CVC Growth Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Icario, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Marcone Appliance Parts Center, Inc., and in Marcone’s acquisitions of Munch's Supply and Professional Plumbing Group
- Morgan Stanley, as sole bookrunner, in $2 billion 144A/Reg S offerings of senior secured and senior guaranteed notes by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Nordea Bank, as administrative agent, in a $1.55 billion amended and extended senior unsecured revolving facility for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Payrix (a portfolio company of PSG and Blue Star Innovation Partners) in its sale to FIS (f/k/a Fidelity National Information Services)
- Portillo’s, Inc. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its $466 million initial public offering.
- The administrative agent, in a $1 billion amended and extended senior unsecured term facility for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Kate received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School and her B.S. from Cornell University.