Josh Schonfeld is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in Dallas. Josh participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Josh has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its $6.4 billion acquisition of Maxar Technologies
- Berkshire Partners and Permira Advisers in their sale of a majority stake in Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd., in a transaction valuing Teraco at approximately $3.5 billion
- Clearhaven Partners in its acquisition of Wowza Media Systems, LLC
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of Advancing Eyecare
- Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Arrowhead Engineered Products, Inc. in the acquisition of Western Power Sports, LLC
- GHK Capital Partners in its acquisition of ITS Logistics, Inc.
- Gores Holdings VI, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $2.9 billion business combination with Matterport, Inc.
- Kainos Capital in its sale of good2grow LLC and its portfolio company JTM Foods LLC in the sale of JTM Foods to Tenex Capital Management
- Lee Equity Partners, together with Twin Point Capital, in the acquisition of Alliance Corporation
- Pacific Avenue Capital Partners in the formation of Pacific Avenue Emerald Continuation Fund, L.P. and Pacific Avenue Emerald Continuation Fund (A), L.P. in connection with the $200 million acquisition by those funds of Emerald Textiles, LLC (f/k/a Encore Textile Services, LLC)
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company Blackboard in its sale to Anthology (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital and Leeds Equity Partners)
- PSG in its acquisition of DoseSpot; Assembly in its acquisition of Pacvue Corporation and a significant recapitalization led by Advent International; and Backlight Solutions Holdings LP in its acquisitions of Celtx Inc., ftrack AB and Zype Inc.
- PSP Investments, as a minority investor, in the acquisition, alongside TPG Capital, of Thycotic Software, Ltd. and the merger of Thycotic with Centrify Corporation (a portfolio company of TPG Capital)
- Southeastern Grocers, LLC in its $522 million exchange of unsecured note debt for 100% of its equity, as part of a $1.3 billion prepackaged chapter 11, and $1.125 billion in exit financing
- Stripes Group, as sponsor, in the formation of Stripes Continuation Fund I, LP and in such fund's single asset acquisition of Stella & Chewy’s, LLC
- TurnKey Vacation Rentals, Inc. in its merger with Vacasa LLC
Josh joined Weil as a summer associate in 2018.
Josh received his J.D. from Yale Law School and his B.A. from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He also received his Bachelor in Talmudic Law from Bais Yisroel Institute in Jerusalem, Israel. While in law school at Georgetown University, before transferring to Yale, he served as a research assistant to Georgetown Law Supreme Court Institute Executive Director Irving Gornstein.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises Advent International on its $6.4B Acquisition of Dual-Listed Maxar Technologies Deal Brief — December 16, 2022
- Weil Advises Advent International on its Acquisition of a Majority Stake in Wagas Group Deal Brief — September 21, 2022