Jean Beauchataud is a corporate partner in Weil’s Paris office. His practice focuses on corporate transactions, particularly leverage buyouts and other private equity transactions. He has considerable experience advising private equity funds on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, build-ups and financings. Jean has also developed a strong expertise in the field of debt restructurings and distressed M&A transactions.
Jean is recognized as a leader in Private Equity by Chambers Europe since 2009. Sources argue that he is “efficient and responsive, and always provides valuable advice”, and “can handle negotiations with the utmost tact. He is also really imaginative when it comes to structuring deals”.
Jean graduated with an LL.M degree from Columbia University School of Law in 2002. He received a DJCE (post-graduate degree) in business and tax law from Paris II University in 1997.
- Towerbrook on the sale of GSE to Goldbeck
- CVC Capital Partners on the sale of Parex to Sika
- Advent International on the sale of Mondo Minerals to Elementis plc
- Impala on the sale of CPI to Circle Printer
- L-GAM on the sale of Jardiland to Union InVivo
- Ergon Capital Partners on the sale of ELITech group to PAI partners
- Naxicap on the acquisition of Ecotel Chomette Favor from Weinberg Capital Partners
- Advent International on the sale of Corialis to CVC Capital Partners
- Elsan on the acquisition of Groupe Medipole from Bridgepoint
- 3i on the acquisition of Ponroy Santé from its founders
- Advent International on the acquisition of Morpho from Safran
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Jean Beauchataud ranked Band 2 for Private Equity High End Capability in France Award Brief — Chambers Europe 2019
- Jean Beauchataud named "Leading" Lawyer for Private Equity: High End in France Award Brief — Chambers Europe 2012
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises CD&R on its Acquisitions of Atalian and OCS Deal Brief — August 02, 2022
- Weil Advised Advent International in the Acquisition by AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier Deal Brief — December 06, 2021