James Harvey is a Corporate partner in London.
James advises on a wide range of private equity and M&A transactions including both domestic and cross-border acquisitions, sales of companies, joint ventures and general corporate advisory work.
Representative experience includes:
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on the sale of its interests in the Lowell Group, a provider of consumer credit management services, and its subsequent reinvestment in the combined Lowell and GFKL Group, alongside Permira Funds
- Cinven, Blackstone and CPPIB on their multi-billion Euro bid for assets being disposed of by Holcim and Lafarge as part of their merger
- Montagu Private Equity in its acquisition of the Healthcare Devices and Prescription Retail business divisions of Rexam
- Alstom on the €12.35 billion sale of its energy business to General Electric
- Providence Equity in the acquisition of The Ambassador Entertainment Group, an owner and operator of theatres in the UK and the world’s leading live-theatre group, from Exponent Private Equity LLP
- Lion Capital on the sale of its interests in UK breakfast cereal manufacturer The Weetabix Food Company to Bright Food Group
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, together with management, in the sale of Mander Portman Woodward, a London-based provider of private education for students transitioning from secondary school into UK universities, to Kaplan
- HgCapital in its investment in, and subsequent disposal of, ATC Group, a Netherlands-based management services provider
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sales of fashion retailer Phase Eight and debt manager, Capquest Group, and the acquisition of Volution Group
- Advent in its investment in the Towergate Insurance Group
- Unitas Capital in the acquisition of Hyva, the Dutch-based maker of hydraulic cylinders and tippers used in heavy-duty mining and environmental services transportation equipment, from 3i and members of Hyva management