Iliana Ivanova is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Ivanova participates in advising public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She also participates in providing counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
Ms. Ivanova has been part of the teams advising:
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in its $600 million issuance of senior unsecured convertible notes to Silver Lake to finance AMC's repurchase of a portion of its stock held by Dalian Wanda Group Co., AMC's majority owner, and to pay a special dividend.
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its global licensing and research collaboration with, and equity investment in, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Insys Therapeutics, Inc. in its asset sale transactions with each of Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., Benuvia Therapeutics Inc. (formerly known as Chilion Group Holdings US, Inc.), BTcP Pharma, LLC, Pharmbio Korea, Inc. and Renaissance Lakewood, LLC, and in connection with other strategic matters.
- Sanofi in its up to $1.45 billion acquisition of Kymab, Ltd.
- Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited in the aggregate $650 million sale in bankruptcy of a) a majority of its aircraft to Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing Limited, and b) the balance of its aircraft to its secured lenders through a series of credit bid.
Ms. Ivanova received her J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Houston Law Center, where she was Symposium Editor on the Houston Law Review, and her B.A. from University of Virginia.