Iliana Karaoglan is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Iliana participates in advising public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She also participates in providing counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
Iliana has been part of the teams advising:
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in its $600 million issuance of senior unsecured convertible notes to Silver Lake to finance AMC's repurchase of a portion of its stock held by Dalian Wanda Group Co., AMC's majority owner, and to pay a special dividend.
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines, in the formation of the Magnolia Network.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its global licensing and research collaboration with, and equity investment in, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Insys Therapeutics, Inc. in its asset sale transactions with Benuvia Therapeutics Inc. (formerly known as Chilion Group Holdings US, Inc.), BTcP Pharma, LLC, Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., Pharmbio Korea, Inc., Renaissance Lakewood, LLC and Senzer Limited, and in connection with other strategic matters.
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.625 billion acquisition of the operations of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.075 billion sale of the operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip to Hard Rock International.
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $607 million acquisition of LeoVegas AB.
- Sanofi in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Translate Bio, Inc., its up to $1.45 billion acquisition of Kymab, Ltd. and its up to $470 million acquisition of Tidal Therapeutics, Inc.
- Vivial Media LLC (a portfolio company of Blackstone Credit) and its subsidiary mGage in the $215 million sale of mGage to Kaleyra, Inc.
- Vonage Holdings Corp. in its pending $6.2 billion sale to Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
- Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited in the aggregate $650 million sale in bankruptcy of a) a majority of its aircraft to Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing Limited, and b) the balance of its aircraft to its secured lenders through a series of credit bid.
Iliana received her J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Houston Law Center, where she was Symposium Editor on the Houston Law Review, and her B.A. from University of Virginia.