Furqaan’s practice focuses on debtors, creditors and equity interest holders in domestic and cross border corporate restructurings. Prior to joining Weil, Furqaan was an associate in the restructuring group of an international law firm. Furqaan received his J.D. from UCLA School of Law. He received his B.A. from Loyola University Chicago. Furqaan is fluent in Urdu.
Most recently, he has been involved on teams advising:
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA, and its affiliate, Arctic Aviation Assets DAC, in their U.S. chapter 15 cases to obtain recognition of the restructuring of $5.9 billion of liabilities through Irish examinership and Norwegian reconstruction proceedings.
- Represented one of the largest chemical producers in its chapter 11 case.*
- Represented retail debtor in sale of its floral network business, gourmet foods business, and online gifting business in three separate in-court transactions.*
- Represented Second Lien Noteholders in the chapter 11 case of a national department store in winning liquidation bid by joint venture.*
- Represented DIP Lenders in the chapter 11 case of national luxury department retailer.*
*Prior experience before joining Weil.