Eoghan Keenan is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Keenan represents public and private companies in connection with complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures. He also provides counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
Mr. Keenan has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its pending $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Straight Path Communications, Inc. in its pending $3.1 billion sale to Verizon Communications, Inc.
- American Securities in its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation and in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Blue Bird Corporation.
- Verizon Communications, Inc. in its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in the pending $1.2 billion sale of MoneyGram International, Inc.
- QLT Inc. in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and in its minority investment in Aralez Pharmaceuticals Plc.
- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. in its $2.67 billion merger with Waste Connections, Inc.
- Nortek, Inc. in its $2.8 billion merger with Melrose Industries PLC.
- The Kroger Company in its acquisition of Vitacost.com.
- A consortium led by Mubadala Development Company PJSC, a public joint stock company wholly owned by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, in its joint venture with Sony Corporation to acquire EMI Music Publishing (the music publishing arm of EMI) for $2.2 billion and its management of the JV.
- J.P. Morgan and Perella Weinberg as financial advisors to AT&T Inc., in AT&T’s $108.7 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
- Evercore as financial advisor to CenturyLink, Inc., in CenturyLink’s pending $34 billion acquisition of Level 3 Communications Inc.; and to FairPoint Communications, Inc., in FairPoint's approximately $1.5 billion all-stock merger with Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc.
- GE Aviation in its formation, together with Parker Aerospace, of Advanced Atomization Technologies, LLC.
- GE Aviation in its sale of its electromechanical actuation division to TransDigm Group Incorporated.
- GE Aviation in its China-based joint venture with Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) to develop and market integrated avionics systems for commercial aircraft customers worldwide.
- Opera Software ASA in its acquisition of AdColony Inc.
- Canadian pension funds participating in the Maple Group consortium, in Maple’s C$3.8 billion unsolicited bid for and subsequent acquisition of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Eli Lilly and Company and Elanco in the acquisition of ChemGen Corp.
Mr. Keenan is recognized as a 2016 “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers.