Previously, Elissa was an associate in Weil’s Restructuring practice, where she focused on domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring, distressed financing, and distressed M&A.
As a restructuring associate, Elissa was part of the teams advising:
- Basic Energy Services, Inc., one of the nation’s largest oilfield service companies with more than 2,400 employees, in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets.
- MedMen Enterprises Inc., one of nation’s largest cannabis companies and a publicly listed company in Canada, in connection with its leading edge out-of-court restructuring involving hundreds of millions in liabilities and resulting in a $100 million new-money equity recapitalization.
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation, the world's largest small engine producer and a leading U.S. manufacturer of power generation, lawn and garden turf care, and job site products, in its successful chapter 11 case, involving over $500 million in funded debt, and sale to KPS.
- Gavilan Resources, LLC and its affiliated debtors, an oil and gas exploration and production company, in their chapter 11 cases and sale of their business.
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries, a midstream oil and gas services business with substantial gas processing, crude oil gathering and storage, and produced water gathering and disposal assets in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma, in their chapter 11 cases. Won contested sale hearing.
- Advent International in its $6.4 billion acquisition of Maxar Technologies.
- Gavilan Resources, LLC, an interested party, in the chapter 11 cases of Sanchez Energy Corp., an independent exploration and production company, focused on the acquisition and development of onshore unconventional oil and natural gas resources in the U.S.
- PSG in its sale of Sovereign Sportsman Holdings, LLC to PayIt, LLC