Daniel Cohen is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Cohen participates in advising on a wide variety of transactions involving public and private companies, as well as private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies.
Mr. Cohen has been part of the teams advising:
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners and General Atlantic) in its acquisition of certain assets of ONE Lodging Management, Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Royal Adhesives and Sealants, LLC and its sale of Presidio, Inc.; and Emerald Performance Materials, LLC in its sale of its specialties and polymer additives and nitriles business lines to DyStar LP
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc.
- F.A.B. Partners LP (n/k/a Centricus) in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC
- General Electric Company and Synchrony Financial in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation
- IPC Systems, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its acquisition of Etrali Trading Solutions (a portfolio company of The Gores Group)
- L’Oréal USA (a subsidiary of L’Oréal S.A.) in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI skincare product brands from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in, together with L Catterton and others, the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Cascade Environmental Holdings, LLC
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Cohen was a corporate legal intern at C. R. Bard, Inc.
Mr. Cohen received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and his B.S. from Excelsior College.