He regularly advises leading financial institutions and private credit funds in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including commercial and investment banks in connection with leveraged and investment grade acquisition financing transactions and direct lenders in middle market secured lending and “anchor orders”. His practice also includes margin loan financing and stressed and distressed credit transactions, including rescue, loan sales and DIP financings.
Financial institution clients represented by Mr. Freeman include Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citigroup and JPMorgan Chase. Direct lender clients include PSP Investments, Guggenheim and Apollo Credit.
- Citi, as administrative agent and arranger, in $1.2 billion amended senior secured credit facilities for Allison Transmission, Inc. to reprice existing indebtedness
- J.P. Morgan, as sole lead arranger and administrative agent, in a $5 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility for Microsoft Corporation
- Citi, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in connection with an amended $3 billion revolving credit facility for Arconic Inc. established as part of the separation of Alcoa Inc.’s manufacturing and commodity businesses into two stand-alone, publicly traded companies
- Morgan Stanley in providing committed financing for BGC Partners Inc. in its $675 million hostile offer for rival GFI Group
- Citi, as sole arranger, in the fully committed bridge facility for FMC Corporation to finance its $1.8 billion acquisition of Cheminova A/S
- UBS, as administrative agent, and UBS, Citi and Nomura, as joint lead arrangers, in senior secured credit facilities for Key Safety Systems, Inc. to finance its acquisition by FountainVest Partners
- Apollo Global Management and Guggenheim Partners, as lenders, in $285 million first lien credit facilities for Alion Science and Technology Corporation, a provider of engineering, information technology, naval architecture, and operational solutions for defense, civilian government and commercial industries