Ansgar is a partner in our Frankfurt office, specializing in private equity and public and private M&A transactions. Ansgar also advises on capital market transactions and general corporate matters.
His prior experience included working as an investment banker at Goldman Sachs (2011 to 2013) and as a lawyer at Sullivan & Cromwell.
Ansgar has advised on a number of transactions including:
- Advent International and Bain Capital in their acquisition of Concardis
- Advent International and Bain Capital in the merger of their portfolio company Concardis with Nets
- Advent International / Culligan Water in connection with add-on acquisitions in Europe
- KKR in connection with its acquisition of heidelpay
- KKR / Upfield in connection with its acquisition of Arivia
- Novalpina on its public takeover of Olympic Entertainment Group
- Shareholders of MKM GmbH on its sale to KME AG
- Centerbridge on its sale of ATU to Mobivia
- Underwriters on the IPO of Covestro AG*
- Sixt Leasing on its IPO*
- Vonovia on the public takeover of Gagfah*
- TLG Immobilien on its IPO*
- Braas Monier on its IPO*
- Daimler in its placement of EADS shares*
- HgCapital on its sale of Schleich*
- Blackstone on its sale of Interhotels*
- Madison Capital Partners on its sale of Krauss Maffei to Onex*
- Group of municipal utility companies on their acquisition of Thüga from E.ON*
Ansgar is a graduate of the University of Cologne (law degree 2003, business administration degree in 2005 and Dr. iur. 2009). He was admitted to practice in Germany in 2008.
Ansgar is fluent in German and English.