Rachel Shapiro is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Rachel participates in the representation of public and private companies, including private equity funds, in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She also participates in advising clients regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, integration matters and other strategic considerations.
Rachel has been part of the teams advising:
- A major financial institution as financial advisor to Frutarom Industries Ltd. in its $7.1 billion sale to International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to the engineering, procurement and construction division of Swinerton Builders and SOLV, Inc.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd. (n/k/a Bohai Financial Investment Holding Co., Ltd.)
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners LP (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.)
- Cannae Holdings, Inc. in its creation of an external management structure and entry into a management services agreement with Trasimene Capital Management, LLC
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc.
- DIRECTV in its $67.1 billion sale to AT&T
- Elementis Global LLC in its $360 million acquisition of SummitReheis (f/k/a Summit Research Labs)
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG
- Eli Lilly and Company in the $1.7 billion initial public offering of its subsidiary Elanco Animal Health Incorporated
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $8.2 billion exchange of its approximately 82% remaining interest in Elanco Animal Health Incorporated for Lilly common shares held by its shareholders
- Evercore as financial advisor to FairPoint Communications, Inc. in its approximately $1.5 billion all-stock merger with Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc.
- Evercore as financial advisor to CenturyLink, Inc. in its $34 billion acquisition of Level 3 Communications Inc.
- Exide Holdings, Inc. in its $179 million sale of substantially all of its Americas operations to Atlas Holdings LLC, in connection with its chapter 11 proceedings
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its acquisition of the global commercial semiconductor technology business of International Business Machines Corporation, including intellectual property, technologists and technologies related to IBM Microelectronics
- Guggenheim Securities as financial advisor to Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. in its $10.6 billion acquisition of 21 Regional Sports Networks and Fox College Sports from The Walt Disney Company
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc. (n/k/a Agiliti, Inc.), having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- J.P. Morgan Securities and Evercore, as financial advisors to Equinix, Inc. in its $3.6 billion acquisition of a portfolio of 24 data center sites and their operations from Verizon Communications Inc.
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $2.2 billion merger with Centene Corporation
- Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by Mudrick Capital, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Hycroft Mining Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $537 million
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
Rachel received her J.D., cum laude, from University of Michigan Law School, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review, and her B.A., with distinction, from Amherst College.