Peter has represented many leading private equity firms and other financial investors including Access Industries, Advent International, Ardian, Avista Capital Partners, Brookfield Asset Management, Hayfin Capital, Lee Equity Partners, OMERS Private Equity, Oxford Properties Group, Providence Equity Partners and PSP Investments, among others.
Peter is recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Private Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and has been consistently recognized as a leading transactional lawyer by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. Chambers has noted that Peter’s “‘fine skill set, boosted by his extensive experience in deals’ was highly praised by interviewees, along with his outstanding deal execution skills.” Legal 500 has noted, “lead partner Peter Feist is ‘an excellent draftsman and adviser, with a high degree of pragmatism.’” IFLR1000 has noted that he “is a top private equity lawyer.” In addition, Peter’s “extensive transactional experience” was highlighted by the International Who’s Who of Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyers 2014. He is also an Editor of Weil’s Global Private Equity Watch.
Peter was a founding partner of Weil’s Hong Kong office, where he led the Firm’s Asia-Pacific Private Equity practice. Under Peter’s leadership, Weil’s Private Equity practice in Asia became one of the leading private equity platforms in the region.
Selected transactions on which Peter has advised include:
- Advent International in multiple matters, including, together with Bain Capital, in the sale of a controlling stake in Boart Longyear to an investor group led by Macquarie and the subsequent disposition of certain interests in Boart Longyear in an IPO of Boart Longyear
- Ardian in its acquisition of a majority stake in Florida Food Products, Inc., in a transaction that valued Florida Food at more than $1 billion, and Florida Food Products, Inc. in its acquisition of Comax Manufacturing Corp.
- Avista Capital Partners in multiple matters, including in the approximately $800 million sale of MPI Research to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Hayfin Capital Management in multiple matters, including in (1) the sale of Paradigm Spine; (2) together with EW Healthcare Partners, a convertible preferred equity investment in MiMedx Group, Inc.; and (3) the acquisition of Avadim Health, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners in multiple matters, including (1) its investment into McLarens; (2) its acquisition of a majority stake in Simplicity Group Holdings; and (3) its acquisition and subsequent disposition of K-MAC Holdings Corp.
- OMERS Private Equity in multiple matters, including (1) its acquisition of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners; (2) together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.; (3) together with Berkshire Partners, in their $3.85 billion sale of Husky IMS International Ltd. to Platinum Equity; (4) its acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes; (5) its acquisition of a controlling stake in Premise Health Holding Corp.; and (6) its acquisition of TurnPoint Services
- Oxford Properties Group, as an investor, in multiple matters, including the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- Providence Equity Partners in multiple matters, including (1) its acquisition of a majority interest in DoubleVerify, Inc.; (2) as part of the investor group in Young Lion Holdings Limited, in the group's acquisition of a 26% stake of Television Broadcasts Limited; (3) the acquisition of a stake in Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd.; (4) its investments in UFO Moviez India Limited; (5) its acquisition of a 50% stake in Star CJ Network India; (6) with Ayala Corporation in the acquisition of eTelecare Global Solutions (dual-listed in the U.S. and the Philippines) and its subsequent sale to Stream Global Services; and (7) its acquisition of Study Group
- PSP Investments in multiple matters, including (1) as participant in a consortium led by TPG Capital, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and Humana, Inc., in the consortium's $4.1 billion take-private of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. and the $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services, LLC; (2) the C$3.4 billion acquisition with Loral Space & Communications of BCE Inc.'s Telesat Canada and the related merger of Telesat Canada with Loral Skynet; and (3) as an investor in the acquisition, alongside TPG Capital, of Thycotic Software, Ltd. and the merger of Thycotic with Centrify Corporation (a portfolio company of TPG Capital)
Peter received his law degree, with first class honors, from Victoria University of Wellington, where he also received a business degree in accounting and finance.