Megan Pendleton is counsel in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Megan participates in the representation of public companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
Megan was previously a member of the Firm’s Public Company Advisory Group where she advised U.S. public companies, foreign private issuers, boards of directors, special committees, executives and private equity sponsors on a full range of corporate governance and compliance matters.
Megan has been a significant part of the teams advising:
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Dow in its approximately $40 billion spin-off from DowDuPont Inc. as part of DowDuPont's separation into three independent, publicly traded companies, one each for its agriculture, materials science and specialty products businesses
- Willis Group Holdings plc in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Trasimene Capital Management, LLC and led by William P. Foley II, in a $9 billion business combination with Paysafe Limited
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Bilcar FT, LP and Trasimene Capital FT, LP., in its pending $7.3 billion combination with Alight Solutions LLC
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG and in the acquisition by Elanco, its animal health division, of Lohmann SE
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc in its $1 billion acquisition of Gentium S.p.A.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.)
- GE in the $18.1 billion sale of NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast
- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. in its proposed $9.7 billion offer to acquire Cole Credit Property Trust III, Inc.
- DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc. in its acquisition of European dialysis centers from Fresenius Medical Care
- Sanofi in its $20.1 billion acquisition of Genzyme Corporation
- Citadel Broadcasting in its $2.4 billion sale to Cumulus Media
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its $2.5 billion take-private by a partnership formed by Pretium Partners and Ares Management
- Man Group plc in its $1.6 billion acquisition of GLG Partners, Inc.
- CA Technologies in its $200 million acquisition of Arcot Systems
- Genesis Lease Limited in its $1.75 billion sale to AerCap Holdings N.V.
- Whirlpool Corporation in its $1 billion modified Dutch auction tender offer for its common stock
- Cannae Holdings, Inc. in its creation of an external management structure and entry into a management services agreement with Trasimene Capital Management, LLC
Megan has been recognized as a “Rising Star” for Corporate by Super Lawyers since 2017.