Megan Pendleton is a senior associate in Weil’s Public Company Advisory Group and is based in New York. Ms. Pendleton advises U.S. public companies, foreign private issuers, boards of directors, special committees, executives and private equity sponsors on a full range of corporate governance and compliance matters, including M&A transactions. Ms. Pendleton was previously a member of the Firm’s M&A practice and has experience working on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate governance issues, and other strategic considerations involving public companies.
Ms. Pendleton has been a significant part of the teams advising:
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Willis Group Holdings plc in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG and in the acquisition by Elanco, its animal health division, of Lohmann SE
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc in its $1 billion acquisition of Gentium S.p.A.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc.
- GE in the $18.1 billion sale of NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast
- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. in its proposed $9.7 billion offer to acquire Cole Credit Property Trust III, Inc.
- DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc. in its acquisition of European dialysis centers from Fresenius Medical Care
- Sanofi in its $20.1 billion acquisition of Genzyme Corporation
- Citadel Broadcasting in its $2.4 billion sale to Cumulus Media
- Man Group plc in its $1.6 billion acquisition of GLG Partners, Inc.
- CA Technologies in its $200 million acquisition of Arcot Systems
- Genesis Lease Limited in its $1.75 billion sale to AerCap Holdings N.V.