Megan Pendleton is a partner in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Megan advises public companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
Megan was previously a member of the Firm’s Public Company Advisory Group where she advised U.S. public companies, foreign private issuers, boards of directors, special committees, executives and private equity sponsors on a full range of corporate governance and compliance matters.
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Dow in its approximately $40 billion spin-off from DowDuPont Inc. as part of DowDuPont's separation into three independent, publicly traded companies, one each for its agriculture, materials science and specialty products businesses
- The Kroger Company in its pending $24.6 billion merger with Albertsons Companies, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $20.1 billion acquisition of Genzyme Corporation
- GE in the $18.1 billion sale of NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast
- Willis Group Holdings plc in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- NEOGEN Corporation in its pending $5.3 billion combination with the Food Safety business of 3M, in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that implied an enterprise value of the combined company of $9.3 billion
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Trasimene Capital Management, LLC and led by William P. Foley II, in a $9 billion business combination with Paysafe Limited
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Bilcar FT, LP and Trasimene Capital FT, LP., in its $7.3 billion combination with Alight Solutions LLC
- Vonage Holdings Corp. in its $6.2 billion sale to Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG and in the acquisition by Elanco, its animal health division, of Lohmann SE
- Covetrus, Inc. in its $4 billion sale to CD&R, a holder of approximately 24% of Covetrus' outstanding common stock, and TPG
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.)
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Charterhouse Capital Partners)
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its $2.5 billion take-private by a partnership formed by Pretium Partners and Ares Management
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Iron Mountain Incorporated in its acquisition of ITRenew, Inc., in a transaction that implied an ITRenew enterprise value of $925 million
- Cannae Holdings, Inc. in its creation of an external management structure and entry into a management services agreement with Trasimene Capital Management, LLC
- Citadel Broadcasting in its $2.4 billion sale to Cumulus Media
- Genesis Lease Limited in its $1.75 billion sale to AerCap Holdings N.V.
- Man Group plc in its $1.6 billion acquisition of GLG Partners, Inc.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc in its $1 billion acquisition of Gentium S.p.A.
- Whirlpool Corporation in its $1 billion modified Dutch auction tender offer for its common stock
- CA Technologies in its $200 million acquisition of Arcot Systems
- DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc. in its acquisition of European dialysis centers from Fresenius Medical Care
Megan has been recognized as a 2022 “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions by Expert Guides and as a “Rising Star” for Corporate by Super Lawyers since 2017.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Megan Pendleton Named a 2022 “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions Award Brief — Expert Guides
- Megan Pendleton Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Corporate Award Brief — Super Lawyers
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises The Kroger Company in its Pending $24.6B Merger with Albertsons Deal Brief — October 17, 2022
- Thirteen Weil Attorneys Named 2022 Rising Stars by Expert Guides Firm Announcement — October 11, 2022