Max Oppenheimer is a partner in London who has advised on a wide range of private equity and public and private M&A transactions, covering both domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals. He has also advised on take private transactions and complex corporate reorganisations for private equity portfolio companies and major corporates. Max was featured in Legal Week’s ‘Rising Stars: the next generation of City private equity talent’, and ‘40 under 40: The rising stars in Private Equity’.
Max has also completed a secondment to the legal team of Hudson Advisors UK.
Representative experience includes:
- Bain Capital Credit on its bid to acquire LV=
- Advent International and Bain Capital, as shareholders in both Nexi and Nets, on the merger of Nexi and Nets, and previously on the merger of the Concardis Group and Nets group
- Advent International on its acquisition of a stake in Aareon from Aareal Bank in Germany
- General Atlantic on its minority investment in Greensill and subsequent sell down to Softbank, its strategic investment in Kiwi.com and PropertyFinder
- Leading US fund on a number of European acquisitions and add ons
- VINCI Airports on its acquisition of a 50.01% majority stake in Gatwick Airport from Global Infrastructure Partners
- Bain Capital on the £1.2billion take private of the esure Group
- Securitas Direct on Hellman & Friedman’s £3.8 billion acquisition of Bain Capital’s holding in Securitas Direct, the Swedish headquartered provider of monitored home alarms
- A number of US and European funds on confidential acquisitions and sales
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on the acquisition by its portfolio company (Busy Bees) of the Treetops Nurseries Group
- HgCapital on its: acquisition of Citation; acquisition of Zenith Vehicle Contracts Group and Leasedrive, and on the combination of Zenith with the Leasedrive Group
- Providence Equity on the acquisition of Clarion Events
- Lion Capital on its sale of VAASAN, a provider of bakery products in Northern Europe