Mark Spiller is an associate in the Corporate group in London. Mark has advised on an array of domestic and cross-border private and public M&A, joint ventures, corporate financings, corporate transactions in restructuring and insolvency contexts, and other corporate governance and company advisory matters.
Prior to joining Weil, Mark was an associate at a UK-headquartered international firm in London and completed a secondment to Glencore.
Representative experience prior to joining Weil includes advising:
- Glencore plc on numerous transactions, including the sale of its 73% interest in Mopani Copper Mines plc to ZCCM Investments Holding plc in a $1.5bn transaction;
- Moody’s Corporation’s acquisition of a 51% interest in GCR Ratings, an African, pan-continental credit rating agency;
- Johnson Matthey plc on the sale of its Advanced Glass Technologies business to Fenzi Holdings;
- Ernst & Young LLP as the administrators of Interserve plc, on the sale of substantially the whole of the business and assets of Interserve plc;
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the sale, together with its co-investors, of a 50.01% shareholding in London Gatwick Airport to VINCI Airports;
- Buckeye Partners L.P. on the sale of its 50 per cent. equity interest in VTTI BV, one of the world’s leading owners and operators of oil storage terminals, to IFM Investors and Vitol for US$ 975m; and
- Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Miya from the business arm of Arison Group.