Lorenzo advises issuer and underwriter clients, as well as alternative capital investors on international capital markets and cross-border leveraged finance transactions, with a particular focus on high-yield bond financings and acquisition financings. Lorenzo also advises on debt liability management transactions, restructurings, initial public offerings and U.S. securities law matters.
Representative experience as part of a team, including prior to joining Weil, includes acting for:
- the lead arrangers and initial purchasers in relation to the financing for Advent International’s £2.67 billion public-to-private acquisition of aerospace and defense company, Ultra plc.
- the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €475 million senior secured notes and £335 million senior secured notes issued to finance Nordic Capital’s acquisition of international specialty pharmaceutical company Advanz Pharma Corp. Limited.
- Boparan Holdings Limited in connection with the refinancing of their existing senior notes and existing term and revolving loans by way of the issuance of £525 million senior notes (including tap notes) and £90 million ssRCF.
- Bank of America, J.P. Morgan, and Standard Bank as joint global coordinators in connection with the issuance of $975 million senior notes (including tap notes) by HTA Group, Ltd, telecommunications tower infrastructure company.
- the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of (i) $1.0 billion senior guaranteed notes, (ii) $2.325 billion senior notes (including tap notes), (iii) $1.1 billion senior guaranteed notes and (iv) $2.250 billion senior notes (including tap notes) by CSC Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Altice USA.
- Bank of America as global coordinator in connection with the debut high-yield $300 million notes issuance of Zorlu Yenilenebilir Enerji, renewable energy leader in Turkey, part of the Zorlu Enerji group.
- the arrangers and underwriters in relation to the £2.5 billion first lien/second lien financing of Advent International’s public-to-private bid to acquire Cobham plc.
- the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €1.0 billion senior secured notes and €475 million senior notes issued to finance Bain Capital’s c$3.5 billion acquisition of research and insight business Kantar from WPP plc.
- Gamenet Group S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of its (i) €225 million floating rate senior secured notes and repurchase by means of a cash tender offer of its outstanding notes and (ii) €200 million senior secured notes and repurchase by means of a cash tender offer of its outstanding notes.
- International Gaming Technology PLC in connection with its issuance of a series of senior secured notes denominated in U.S. dollars and euros, equivalent in aggregate to cUS$5 billion.
- Advised Moby S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of its €300 million senior secured notes.
- the dealers, including lead arranger Morgan Stanley, in connection with the updates of the $20 billion U.S. Medium-Term Note Program of Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) and a series of takedowns of notes thereunder.
- the dealers, including lead arranger J.P. Morgan, in connection with the updates of the $10 billion U.S. Medium-Term Note Program of KEB Hana Bank and a series of takedowns of notes thereunder.
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with the updates of its $50 billion Medium-Term Note Programme and a series of takedowns of notes thereunder.
- the joint lead managers in connection with the issuance by Doosan Enerbility Co., Ltd. of US$300 Million 5.500% Guaranteed Senior Unsecured Green Notes.
- an ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with the restructuring of convertible notes issued by Aggregate Holdings’s Portuguese real estate group, the subsequent issue of new money notes and a consenting-noteholder-reserved exchange offer in relation to existing indebtedness.
- EA Partners, Etihad Airways alliance partners’ airline, cargo and airport service businesses, in connection with their restructuring negotiations of their c$1.5 billion senior notes.
- Officine Maccaferri S.p.A. in connection with the restructuring of its high-yield indebtedness, by way of an Italian concordato preventivo procedure, which represented the first successful court-supervised restructuring of a high yield bond and distressed debt-to-equity restructuring led by noteholders in Italy.
- an ad hoc group of McLaren’s noteholders in connection with McLaren’s attempt to prime existing creditors by using an unrestricted subsidiary structure to raise additional debt against its head office and collection of heritage cars.
- the underwriters in connection with the de-SPAC business combination of Falcon's Beyond Global, LLC, a leading fully integrated global entertainment development company specializing in intellectual property creation and expansion, with FAST Acquisition Corp. II (NYSE: FZT), a hospitality and entertainment focused special purpose acquisition company.
- the underwriters in connection with the de-SPAC business combination of Spectaire Inc., a provider of cutting-edge solutions for customers to monitor, track, and meet emissions targets via its micro-mass-spectrometer device, with Perception Capital Corp. II (NASDAQ: PCCT).
- Abry Partners and Link Mobility Group, leading mobile communications provider, in connection with Link Mobility Group’s IPO.
- the underwriters in connection with a R$2.8 billion equity offering by Locaweb Serviços de Internet S.A., a Brazil-based internet technology company.
- the arrangers in relation to a $2.0 billion New-York-law senior secured term loan facilities agreement for CSC Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Altice USA and its several amendments over time.
- the arranger in relation to a $400 million English-law sustainability-linked term loan facilities agreement for Schwan’s Company, a subsidiary of CJ CheilJedang.
- the arranger in relation to a $300 million English-law social term loan facilities agreement for Busan Bank, a regional bank in South Korea.
- the arranger in relation to a $300 million social term loan facilities agreement for Industrial Bank of Korea, a state-owned bank headquartered in South Korea.
- the arranger in relation to a $200 million social term loan facilities agreement for Suhyup Bank, a specialized bank headquartered in South Korea.
Lorenzo received his L.L.M. from Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar as well as a J. William Fulbright Scholarship recipient and an Ermenegildo Zegna Founder’s Scholarship recipient. Lorenzo holds a J.D., summa cum laude, from Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.